CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. Does anyone know if it is possible to bluetooth a Garmin 660 into the Audio System Speakers on the CTX 1300? I can't seem to find a way to pair the two together.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Zumo 665 bluetooth pair to CTX1300

Hi Guys. Does anyone know if it is possible to bluetooth a Garmin 660 into the Audio System Speakers on the CTX 1300? I can't seem to find a way to pair the two together.
I just purchased a Zumo 665LM and can't seem to get it to pair up with my 1300 Deluxe. It keeps asking me for a key. The bike key is "0000" and can't be changed and the Zumo key is "1234" which also doesn't work.
Does anyone have a key that will work?

Or does anyone have a detailed description of how to do this?

Thanks.

:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got the Zumo 665 to pair using a Dongle sp? plugged into the audio output of the Garmin. I charge the Dongle from the USB port using a 2 port hub. I plug in the thumb drive with 15 or so CD's loaded on it. So now I can switch back and forth between blue tooth and flash drive for music.
BUT I should be able to pair the Zumo to the bike. Called Garmin and spoke with the tech rep but was told they have only engineered the Zumo to pair with blue tooth head set in the helmet. Seems like I got taken in with all this hype. I am calling Honda support today and talk with them to see what they have to say about this issue. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Zumo Blue Tooth update

I got the Zumo 665 to pair using a Dongle sp? plugged into the audio output of the Garmin. I charge the Dongle from the USB port using a 2 port hub. I plug in the thumb drive with 15 or so CD's loaded on it. So now I can switch back and forth between blue tooth and flash drive for music.
BUT I should be able to pair the Zumo to the bike. Called Garmin and spoke with the tech rep but was told they have only engineered the Zumo to pair with blue tooth head set in the helmet. Seems like I got taken in with all this hype. I am calling Honda support today and talk with them to see what they have to say about this issue. Will keep you posted.
I contacted Garmin support AND Honda support today (Sept 17th). Garmin says they can't change the passkey. Honda support told me to take the bike back to the dealer (I was there yesterday). The bottom line is that I will take the bike to the dealer on Monday morning and the tech will contact Honda support and try to configure (pair) the Zumo to the bike. My take on this problem is that either Honda or Garmin MUST make an engineering change so the two products can talk with each other. Garmin's claim to fame is the Zumo was designed for bikes. Right! The easiest solution is for Garmin to download a program to the Zumo attached to my computer which should fix this problem. But they must first admit there is a problem with their unit.
:(

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Hope it works out for you and the dealer is able to figure out a solution.

I highly doubt you'll get either Honda or Garmin to acknowledge a problem with regard to BT compatibility of their systems. They both document that there are no guarantees on that. I could claim an issue with my Scala Rider Q2 not being compatible with the bike BT but I know that would be futile. The Q2 BT version is too old to be supported on the bike... end of story. Now, IF they both say they support the same version/level of BT AND BOTH support all aspects of a required specific feature set AND are not fixed in what passkey is set in one of the respective units (IOW- it can be changed in one of the units at least), THEN you might have an argument. Maybe.

Yes, the advertising is that the Zumo is designed with motorcycle use in mind. That applies to being waterproof and that it can be operated while wearing mc gloves. But those are really the only mc specific features for the unit. No one makes any guarantee about BT compatibility to any other BT system by another company. We are on our own for that. We only have that a unit/system supports a version of BT and that may require a specific feature set. If one of the units doesn't have all of that (which may include being locked to a particular passkey) then no worky together. :(

-

·
Registered
24 Posts
Zumo 665LM follow up

Hope it works out for you and the dealer is able to figure out a solution.

I highly doubt you'll get either Honda or Garmin to acknowledge a problem with regard to BT compatibility of their systems. They both document that there are no guarantees on that. I could claim an issue with my Scala Rider Q2 not being compatible with the bike BT but I know that would be futile. The Q2 BT version is too old to be supported on the bike... end of story. Now, IF they both say they support the same version/level of BT AND BOTH support all aspects of a required specific feature set AND are not fixed in what passkey is set in one of the respective units (IOW- it can be changed in one of the units at least), THEN you might have an argument. Maybe.

Yes, the advertising is that the Zumo is designed with motorcycle use in mind. That applies to being waterproof and that it can be operated while wearing mc gloves. But those are really the only mc specific features for the unit. No one makes any guarantee about BT compatibility to any other BT system by another company. We are on our own for that. We only have that a unit/system supports a version of BT and that may require a specific feature set. If one of the units doesn't have all of that (which may include being locked to a particular passkey) then no worky together. :(

-
Went to the Honda dealer on Monday and spoke with the tech. who said that it hasn't been done and he doesn't know how to pair them so I guess, at least for now, it can't be done.
What I haven't tried is to hook my laptop to the USB port on the bike and see if I can hack into the passkey file on the bike.
I HAVE tried hooking up my laptop to the Garmin and checking the internal files but can't find a passkey file.
So the task goes on.
:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
446 Posts
(...)
What I haven't tried is to hook my laptop to the USB port on the bike and see if I can hack into the passkey file on the bike.
I HAVE tried hooking up my laptop to the Garmin and checking the internal files but can't find a passkey file.(...)
The bike has a USB host (not device) connector, so you cannot connect any host (i.e. your laptop) to it. Having said that, we don't know whether or not the audio unit has any backdoor or firmware update mechanism that would involve the USB port (for example by plugging in a thumb drive with "magic" files on it).

You will never find the Bluetooth passcode stored in a file on the Garmin because it's hardcoded -- nobody thought about making it configurable so why waste a file (and the code to open and read it) with it?

Also, you're not the first one to bump into the stupidity of the Zumo regarding having a different PIN than the rest of the industry: Be able to modify the pairing code (by software) : Sena Technologies Help Desk

Also see this: http://garminzumo.wikispaces.com/Bluetooth
and this: Garmin: zumo 660 (GCD File) Updates & Downloads

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bike Sold Zumo Garmin 665LM for sale $650.00 Free Shipping

The bike has a USB host (not device) connector, so you cannot connect any host (i.e. your laptop) to it. Having said that, we don't know whether or not the audio unit has any backdoor or firmware update mechanism that would involve the USB port (for example by plugging in a thumb drive with "magic" files on it).

You will never find the Bluetooth passcode stored in a file on the Garmin because it's hardcoded -- nobody thought about making it configurable so why waste a file (and the code to open and read it) with it?

Also, you're not the first one to bump into the stupidity of the Zumo regarding having a different PIN than the rest of the industry: Be able to modify the pairing code (by software) : Sena Technologies Help Desk

Also see this: http://garminzumo.wikispaces.com/Bluetooth
and this: Garmin: zumo 660 (GCD File) Updates & Downloads
Hello all,
I have a complete Zumo 665LM motorcycle kit for sale with a 32GB microSD card upgrade. I loaded a few MP3 files on it for demo and test purposes. The XM features works great and I have updated the maps and internal firmware with the help of the Garmin folks. I am asking $650.00 with free shipping within CONUS. (Continental United States). If interested you can contact me thru this forum or call my cell (248) 513-2637. My cell is on the A.T.T. network and I have been told by some folks that they can't connect. The other option is email --- [email protected] I am located in the Metro Detroit area.
73's

Mark :ty:
NOTE: This device WILL NOT pair with the CTX1300D audio system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts