CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fine folks here,

I love the LED brake lights that the CTX utilizes. They're bright. I have a brake light flashing module that I can use to create variable flashing patterns that I'd like to incorporate.

While waiting for my service manual to arrive, can anyone tell me the location of the wires under the seat and colors?

Thanks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
First and foremost, you should check whether your brake light flasher is compatible with LED lights. They draw a lot less current that the equivalent filament bulb -based fixture so any series regulator will simply not "see" enough current to turn on and off. Second, LEDs do not "fade" in and out like incandescent bulbs do so, depending on the flasher design, what was "pleasant" or "eye-catching" with conventional bulbs may be "nothing at all" or "annoying" with LEDs.

The connector is under the seat, on the right side, has 6 positions (5 of which are populated) and the color coding is as follows:
Green -> GND
White/Black -> Position and License light
Green/Yellow -> Brake light
Orange -> Rear Left indicator (this bike uses separated wiring for indicators front from rear)
Light Blue -> Rear Right indicator

·
Registered
446 Posts
Make that "under the seat, left side". The 12V accessory socket connector is on the right. My bad :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks and yes the module is compatible with LED lights. I had this module installed with an LED 3rd brake light on my FJR.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Take a look at this, Show Chrome acc fuse block part # 13-311, it has the relay and hookups it for turn, brake, and running lights.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Take a look at this, Show Chrome acc fuse block part # 13-311, it has the relay and hookups it for turn, brake, and running lights.

looks like it can be found for ~$50

FYI this piece was previously documented in the Knowledge Sharing Document under "fuse block" section.

Though even with the above part a person still needs to know the wiring information which @csdexter has provided. There are also these threads:

(all found on the knowledge sharing document under ELECTRICAL)

@bob will be happy you are not directly tapping into the electrical system : )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts