CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my long legs, I'll usually have my feet directed outwardly from the pegs, which means I have to rotate my right foot considerably to access the brake pedal (and unless I wear a boot with a considerable heel that engages the peg, my foot slides forward allowing my shin to bonk into the valve cover...ugh).

When I search for a "brake pedal extension" (which is what I want), I come up with lots of stuff for HD's, like this:

If there is no aftermarket adapter to lengthen a Honda brake pedal (none that I can find anyway), does anyone have any suggestions for me?

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
Nobody has much of anything listed yet specifically for this bike, but I'm pretty sure Kuryakyn has something like that for other metrics. I'm at work now and can't check, but no know there's stuff out there for other bikes that might work. For now, you'd have to put the CTX next to other bikes and see who had the most similar (or even identical) brake pedal and go from there.

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
Those are chrome and rubber brake peddle pads that esthetically improve the peddle, but don't provide any extension away from the valve covers.
Still on the hunt...
Ok .... well, I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I come across anything like that. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I hadn't been able to stop thinking about how I can extend the brake pedal...

...so I decided to try and do something about it.

I walked into Pep Boys and found a stock brake pedal pad, grabbed a couple of hose clamps, and then a pair of "mending plates" from Home Depot:

I was hoping the mending plates would fit within the brake pad to give it some rigidity:

Huh...how about that?

The reinforced brake pad set over the brake lever nicely:

So what the heck...I applied the hose clamps:

It was surreal how all this just fell into place!
For less than $10 and in less than 10 minutes,
my new JimBoydian Brake Pedal Extension!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Old thread, but as a new member, I'm catching up on old posts.
Could you not clamp the bars on first then put the cover over the bars??
From the pics, it looks like it would work. But, then again, maybe you already tried it?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I did the mod and put the clamps on the bars before adding the cover.
This is one of those mods that looks good AND functions good.
Thanks @JimB
I posted this elsewhere, but reposting in this thread to keep it together:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fabulous, now I am getting somewhere, found a CTX with 16,000 a deluxe model, with pizza box.
The pegs are the challenge, but now I know how to address the brake pedal.
Does anyone know what ghe metal of the pedals is..
gracias..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts