CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5 BMWs (seat height for Aryan UberMenschen), and 1 Yamaha 650, this is my fourth Honda, and the most awesome machine yet!! I bought it new yesterday and that 29.1" seat is great, along with all the rest of it. I'm truly giddy with glee over this machine. I'm so looking forward to sharing with/learning from everyone else and their experiences with this stellar machine. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
After 5 BMWs (seat height for Aryan UberMenschen), and 1 Yamaha 650, this is my fourth Honda, and the most awesome machine yet!! I bought it new yesterday and that 29.1" seat is great, along with all the rest of it. I'm truly giddy with glee over this machine. I'm so looking forward to sharing with/learning from everyone else and their experiences with this stellar machine. Cheers!
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@Briano,
Congrats. Yep, same grin I had on my face and the stealer knew he had me. Sold me an extended warranty (which I never buy) and tire replacement program ( again)....
Felt like a dad with his first child (yes, I'm old, but I remember that feeling).
There are very few that are mediocre about this bike...it is either a love or hate relationship. Feel the love!!!!!
Did you get any accessories yet?
I hate to assume, so I'll ask: Germany?
Either way, look forward to your (excitedly giddy) reports as you talk her into the wild.
I would ask about comparison to your previous bikes, but we (those here that feel the love) know there is none!!!!! wooohooo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love your quote, willajabir! Beats sitting in front of the TV any day. I'm looking forward to spending more time in the forum than I've managed recently, but to answer your question about accessories, I've added the heated grips, luggage rack and passenger backrest/sissybar. I tried to add modulating headlight but was told there wasn't a product out there to handle the LED lights. Oh yeah, I also ordered the taller windshield which I think makes a HUGE difference in taming the wind and reducing fatigue. I can't get enough of this machine. On another note, and I gathered this from other threads in the various forums as well, it seems Honda is having problems with the panel fasteners on these machines. The good news is that they're apparently learning what needs to be remedied. The Honda Service dept. of the dealer near me seems to be working hard to stay on top of this problem. I've also joined the AMA (American Motorcyclist Association) as I learn more about what WA state laws allow and don't allow in the way of LED helmet and other lights, and adding to our visibility out there on the highway. I wanted to support a group that's fighting for our rights and our safety. Cheers!

Reactions: willajabir

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Kent, WA? I live in Sequim, along with two other CTX riders.

C'mon over to the sunny side of western WA! [Of course, you gotta ride through rain to get here.]

Reactions: 4401

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome video! Thanks for sharing that. I forwarded to my wife who's been muttering about a dirt bike - street riding has kinda freaked her out anymore. It might be the only way to get her back on two wheels. The couple in the video were absolutely charming and picked a stellar route. For me, the CTX1300 is the perfect street bike. Four cylinders spoil a body. You got some mighty nice cruisin' roads down your way in Alabama. I worked for a year in Baton Rouge in 2010 and loved it. What all did you put on your CTX? I talked to a guy in a tavern recently who swore his radar warning box has been a boon. I have to admit that I sometimes ride an itsy teensy bit over the speed limit.... :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@Briano,
Topbox (Givi V47), Corbin seat, Honda Tall shield, too many Ram Mount balls, Kury grips, and some auxiliary mirrors I put on sometime. Kury mini boards.
A few of us have made varying types of shelving for the saddlebags to keep small stuff from rolling out.
Guess I need to update my picture thread to show these before someone calls me on it. I'm always asking everyone else for pictures of everything hehehe.
As far as nice cruin' roads, why do you think it's called "Alabama the Beautiful"?:ty:

·
Registered
168 Posts
@willajabir : pictures please
LOL
@Briano welcome and lots of fun with your CTX
After one year on my ctx I stil have a smile on my face. won't come off anymore.
I made a few adjustments on my baby:
Tall windshield.
GIVI trunk on te original rear bracket
Corbin seat.
Grip puppies.
and now i'm modificating the suspension. Well not I personly, I have Hyperpro modificating it.

look in the treads and you will find lots of information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey neighbor! Good to know some folks out your way with good taste in motorcycles! I have an itsy bitsy house in Port Angeles where I'm hoping to retire in about 5 to 7 years from now, earlier if I win the lotto. Doing a loop of the Olympic peninsula is one of my favorite rides, albeit takes an entire day to begin to do it justice, so let's keep in touch. It's between 2.5 and 3 hours away from Kent to Port Angeles, but less time, of course, to Sequim, aka the "banana belt" of the peninsula. Weather permitting (yes, I'm pretty much a fair weather rider), I'm thinking that I might do a10/3 ride. If you're around then, it would be good to meet such a worthy and future neighbor. Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi petertje ,

Thanks for your note! I'm curious if your Corbin seat raised/lowered your seat height. I have short legs and the 29.1 inch seat of the CTX1300 was a big factor in my choosing it over a BMW. I have been to the Netherlands several times; a wonderful and progressive culture that I admire greatly. It's also a model for everyone else when it comes to building quality bicycle trails. I've only ridden a motorcycle once in Europe, and that was a BMW 250 single back in 1970. I bought it in Hamburg and stupidly set out in the middle of a snowstorm (no windshield) heading for Copenhagen. I only made it as far as Lubeck before I became frozen and had to pull into a Gasthaus. I put the bike and me on a train for the rest of the way and then drove it down to Athens, Greece where I sold it. I bumped into a gentleman in a tavern recently who mentioned a travel service which rents motorcycles for touring in Europe. He had started out from Innsbruck (a town I dearly love) and went all over the Alps. Sounds like fun to me. Safe riding to you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you happy with your Kury mini boards? I'm thinking that boards, especially ones that didn't place the feet any further forward, would be a welcome addition. I think the ergonomics of the CTX are excellent, but I find the pegs too far forward when I try to stand up on the pegs to rest my butt. I haven't tried standing on the passenger pegs yet - that may work; at least, with the bike on the center stand (a purchased accessory I forgot to mention), it seems like it could work. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I love the mini boards. I've not heard another rider mention this, but I've caught my jeans (Carpenter jeans) on the side stand twice since installing the mini boards because I slide my foot further to the back.
So far, I've not fallen over, but I'm full aware of it now.
When I had the pegs, I had to hold firm to the bars to stand up for the arse relief, but it was ok. Passenger pegs were doable too.
One observation on the Corbin, since it fits me better, there is less air flow around to cool the bottom side when the temps are over 90. Otherwise it is great for me.
I think I'm the same height as stock seat, but the seat is wider at the rear (can't touch the ground). Toward the front I can reach the ground better than the stock seat.
When you order a Corbin (or Russell), you give them your size/weight and they adjust it a bit to fit you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts