CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is toddy T, I’m 38. Been riding 10+years.
Ive been reading these forums compulsivly waiting to bring my black ctx1300 home. Y’all are all pretty amazing man, glad to be apart of the forum.

My bike has 4100 miles , found it at Harley Davison dealership in El Paso , texas. The customer service at Harley was outstanding .

They put on new tires ( Bridgestone exedra max, and flush the fluids ) These mountain and farm roads in west texas is where I’ll be cruising.

I originally was looking for new Honda shadow phantom, but the dealership wouldn’t have any until august. I was also apprehensive becuse my wife is 6ft with motorcycle boots, I didn’t think she would fit on the shadow.

I’ve only drove my ctx 30 miles or so today , but I’m pumped !!!! this bike is so comfortable, especially in west texas winds and twistys .

I have 82 suzuki gs650
2006 Yamaha 1100 ( been a pain, I’m trying to sell)

i need to get those infamous saddle bag protectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome aboard, @Toddy T !!! You’ve found one of the most underrated, least known bikes around!! Perfect for clicking off 200 miles at a time on these fine Texas roads. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
200 miles sounds nice.

I do have a question. The oil light comes On and stays on before I start it. I checked the oil…. Awkwardly. It half full.

Any one else have this problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the runs you'll make ahead. You're gonna enjoy this ride immensely.
I had one caveat on the bag protectors.. when first on the bike, I sometimes caught my heel and rolled the left foot as I pulled away from a light.
Maybe it was just me dragging my feet while inching forward at the red-lights but it caught me up more than a few times.
Safe travels!

·
Registered
800 Posts
@blubruce ... from your avatar pics, seems you have a center stand installed on yours. I’d bet a dollar to a donut that you’re catching your foot on the center stand arm. Have done that many times on mine - and I have no bag protectors.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
@blubruce ... from your avatar pics, seems you have a center stand installed on yours. I’d bet a dollar to a donut that you’re catching your foot on the center stand arm. Have done that many times on mine - and I have no bag protectors.
You can get your foot caught under the bag guard too. I've done it a few times duck walking on wet grass and the obstacle course that's my front yard. Have to learn to keep your feet out a little. It could be an ankle twister.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Caught my left foot under the bag guard at the Meetup in 2020 at Suches. I was making a left turn across a banked curve and it stuck until I could straighten out. My ankle was a little black and blue for a couple days. It bent the bar back some.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,996 Posts
Ouch is right. But why was your foot off the pegs just for a turn?
I did get my foot caught under the guard once when walking my CTX forward in the garage, but never while riding. My feet stay on the pegs until I am stopped and only then I put my foot/feet down. I practice keeping my feet on the pegs or foot boards until after I am stopped. Good to learn balance like that. Starting up from a stop light can be problematic like that but I try to pick up my feet before actually rolling off as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ouch is right. But why was your foot off the pegs just for a turn?
I did get my foot caught under the guard once when walking my CTX forward in the garage, but never while riding. My feet stay on the pegs until I am stopped and only then I put my foot/feet down. I practice keeping my feet on the pegs or foot boards until after I am stopped. Good to learn balance like that. Starting up from a stop light can be problematic like that but I try to pick up my feet before actually rolling off as well.
I was stopped at an intersection at the curve. It was uphill from the road I was on and then the curve was banked the other way which created a steep ridge to go across. Foot drug as I went across the ridge before I got it back on the peg. Hasn't happened since.

Reactions: bob
1 - 16 of 16 Posts