CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I tested my new Butt Buffer on a 200 mile trip. I purchased the pebble fabric cover. 12 X 16 size fits the CTX 1300 seat perfectly. This is a type of gel pad. For comfort I give this a 9/10. No more sinking down into the seat on hot days and it completely isolates you from any forces traveling through the seat. You can easily move around and find different seating positions which solves my hip pain problem. For installation I give it 9/10. I tied it off under the seat and it stays in place; no sliding around. For heat management it loses some points (7/10). It is pretty good at keeping your butt cool when riding. However, the only downside is that if you park your bike in the South Carolina sun for a few hours, the pad really heats up. I mean it really! heats up. The solution to that is leave your yellow jacket draped over the seat.

Attachments

Reactions: JimB

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
From the picture, that is a great fit. I'm considering an Airhawk.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I had a Gel Seat on my last Bike, a towel in the saddlebag cured the "Hot Buns" problem.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Flytrap,
Not to highjack this thread, but who made your seat bag? I don't think I've seen where it's posted. Mounting straps make it look purpose built.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts