CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a 2015 Motorcycle Buyers Guide today and the CTX 1300 was missing. So does that mean it has been discontinued OR did they make too many and decided not to offer it as a 2015 and wait until they sell down and then offer it as a 2016? Who knows.

·
Registered
28 Posts
According to my dealer they just didn't make a '15, that it isn't discontinued... he said Hinda does that frequently with some models.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Yeah, I saw that Buyer's Guide too, and I flipped through to the Honda section right there at the magazine rack. When I saw that they didn't include the CTX1300, I put it right back on the rack. I didn't notice any '14 models from any manufacturers, so I'm assuming that it was supposed to be a "2015 Model Year Buying Guide" that didn't include bikes like ours. We could go another year or two (or more) before we see an updated model. I would have liked to see some new options, like the white version at least, for 2015, but I'm not worried. Even if they never manufacture another one, I still have an awesome bike. It's just that it might be rarer than most. :)

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
110 Posts
Before I bought my CTX I was debating with myself about what to do because of the discussion that Honda might have discontinued the bike. I mentioned my hesitancy to a friend who has been riding Hondas for years. His response to me was, "So what. It's a Honda, it will last a long time. And if they do discontinue it you will have the distinction of riding a unique bike." Needless to say, my concerns dropped away and I bought the CTX.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My previous bike was a Honda NT700, it was only offered here in the states for 2 years but still sells in other countries. I wonder if there are 2015 CTX1300's in other countries like England?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The Model / Year in Europe

My previous bike was a Honda NT700, it was only offered here in the states for 2 years but still sells in other countries. I wonder if there are 2015 CTX1300's in other countries like England?
I'm Italian (moved to US in 2003) and Europe is a different world in term of the way vehicle are named/sold by manufacturers.
The "year" is not used to identify a model even when there are a major change on it. Some times a slight change in the name is used.
So all the CTX1300 will be called only "CTX1300" or "CTX1300 deluxe" no matter what year you bought it. In fact manufacturers some times increase the engine size a few "cc" just to call differently a major change in a model (e.g. they would increase the CTX from 1261cc to 1321 and they call it CTX1400).
It took me a bit to understand why in US model/year is so relevant compared with Europe.

Reactions: bob

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I think model year is so important here in the States because manufacturers have made it important... IOW, they made us THINK it's important. Many Americans seem to be obsessed with owning or buying the newest or latest of anything. If they change the model year designation but nothing else about a vehicle people here will flock to the dealers to buy it. People are afraid if they miss a model year they might miss out on some new feature that makes it the latest and greatest. I think this CTX1300 IS the greatest and no new "feature" will make it greater. (I don't consider suspension a feature but part of the base system). I LIKE my CTX1300. I'll add a few minor "feature" items, as I already have. But the base system is good for me as it stands. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts