CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using an ABTO G1s camera on my bike for about the past 4 years, it's not the greatest quality but it's more than adequate for an amateur like me!
I have been trying to mount it in different positions, and with different mounts, on my Sportster, not easy with the handlebars shaped as they are so I got a mirror mounted RAM Ball system. Also tried my old mount.
This video is a comparison of using the same camera on the HONDA CTX1300 and my Harley XL1200T Sportster. I haven't quite finished with the decision as to where to mount it but I think I'm going to move it so the camera is on the mirror mount but behind the windshield, despite catching some reflection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found out the hard way that you need to record in high def. The quality looked good at 720but I couldn't read the license plate number. The Ahole that stopped short on me may get away if I don't find a video enhancer app that will clear up the number. It usually takes more than 50ft for me to pissoff a driver enough to try and kill me. I plan to add the video later when I feel better.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree BobMo, my ABTO camera went 'Missing in Action' (stolen I think) while camping about a month ago. I have since bought a TomTom Bandit and very pleased with the quality. First thing I did was to go into the menu and up the resolution!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts