CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have just purchased a Cardo Scala Teamset Pro Bluetooth intercom,
my problem is I can't seem to pair it with a Bluetooth phone,the blue led that should flash intermittently will not flash unless they are connected to the mains charger and only then will the red led illuminate as well.
The manual says it takes only 5 minutes to pair devices,well I and a friend have been trying all evening

·
Registered
283 Posts
Don't know about this but I just purchased a Scala Q3. It hasn't arrived yet but hopefully this week I can report that it pairs with the bike BT and with my smartphone BT.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know about this but I just purchased a Scala Q3. It hasn't arrived yet but hopefully this week I can report that it pairs with the bike BT and with my smartphone BT.
I hope you have better luck than I have,I have had them on charge all night Saturday/Sunday still no good.
I will be contacting the supplier tomorrow,and I have learned since I purchased it,that Cardo does not support the warranty if it has been purchased from either eBay or Amazon.
Cheers Melv

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
I don't know about that model. I do have a Scala Rider Q2 that I bought many years ago. It connects BT to my phone just fine. But it's also too old to connect to the bike BT so I just use the speakers on the bike for music when I don't use the FM radio on my Q2. Someday I'll decide to upgrade to a newer unit. I like the Sena SMH5-FM-02. FM radio and full face helmet headset (no boom mic but wired instead).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well...the Scala Rider Q3 arrived today. Hurray. No problem pairing with my Iphone 4. It took a little time to get it to pair with the bike. Had to do the mode, up volume search thingie described in the service manual. However, it did it! Now I just need to get the microphones positioned and give it a road test.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad someone has had success,I have had to send mine back,as there seems to be a problem.Lucky they are still under manufacturers warranty,even though they were meant to new!!!!
I have noticed on the box a small label and the date 2011,can only assume the batteries are at the end of life.
Cheers Melv

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
@Drummer, I reread your original post and realized you didn't say what model Scala you had?
Teamset is the bundling package which simply indicates there are 2 units in the package that are pre-paired with each other. But there is also a model code. Was yours the Q2 or Q3 or which model?
The Q2 uses older BT specs and will not pair with the bike, which uses newer BT specs.
There are also the Q1 (also old specs), G4, G9, Q3. Evidently the Q3 works with the CTX BT. Don't know about the others.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the info,it all seems a bit of a minefield.
I have the Cardo Scala Teamset Pro,not sure where the Q series comes into it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts