CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Color me crazy but doing a fly and buy without having first hand knowledge with ctx.
I used to use a small Bungie cord cargo net to strap stuff to the back seat on my last bike.
I see a post each side near tail light that appears to be hook point. Is that right?
Are there any other points intended to hook?

I tried to search didn't find it.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
I also have a bungee cargo net that I have used on my CTX.
There is only that one hook stud on each side. I found it worked well enough to hook the net hooks onto the grab rail and the last one to that stud. The plastic hooks on my net worked fine doing that. If your hooks are metal I'd be inclined to place some kind of cushion around them.

When I strapped dry bags on the pillion for traveling I had a few 12 inch soft ties that I added to the frame under the seat and then had those loops hanging out when I put the seat back on and that's what I would hook to for tying down my dry bags. I use ROK straps which don't have any hooks but instead have soft loops so the soft tie loops were near the front and the rear tie down was the strap studs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are great pictures. Sure looks like Honda intended use of spot on the bag. Ordered up a new net with plastic hooks, hopefully the hooks work as well as your obviously do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts