CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CTX1300D - TennesseeSmith

I put the Cee Bailey shield on the red bike after work today. Pictures at the link above.

I went for a short ride, but I didn't hit the highway at speed. I think this may turn out to be a very good shield. I'll know tomorrow.

I also got the bag liners. I haven't looked at them yet, but I'll give a report tomorrow.

For reference, here is the Cee Bailey on a CTX700D:
CTX700 - TennesseeSmith

Reactions: MarkH

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I added some photos for the bag liners. They are a nice heavy material and have double zippers on the top for easy loading.

The material is not as stiff as the bag liners for the Triumph Trophy. The Cee Bailey bags seem to be very well made.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I got mine today and put them in my saddle bags on my bike and they fit really nice and fill up the whole saddle bag.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I rode the bike to work at 47F this morning and the shield was very nice. My initial impression is that it's a bit better than the Honda tall shield due to the extra width.

There was almost no wind and I didn't follow any trucks, so I don't yet know how well it handles.

The bars are OK for full lock turns without hitting the shield.

I used one bag liner. It worked really well. It fit perfectly in the saddle bag. My plan is to use one set of liners for both bikes. (I haven't figured out how to ride both at once.) If I find myself making a lot of overnight trips, I'll buy another set.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good to hear about the saddle bag quality, as mine should arrive next week.
Can anyone give me some feedback on the Cee Bailey 8 inch high screen, as I've fitted the tall Honda screen because there was a lot of wind buffeting when riding with a pillion with the short screen.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Good to hear about the saddle bag quality, as mine should arrive next week.
Can anyone give me some feedback on the Cee Bailey 8 inch high screen, as I've fitted the tall Honda screen because there was a lot of wind buffeting when riding with a pillion with the short screen.
I'm curious to hear about this as well. I really like the look of the 'half' shield with a light tint; but I also really like the peaceful quiet behind the tall Honda shield. With the Cee Bailey being lower and having no vent, I'm concerned about buffeting.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ken, have you had a chance to do more prolonged riding behind that tall Cee Bailey screen yet? Still think it's better than the Honda tall shield + foil?

I have to admit it looks a lot cleaner.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. It's better than the Honda tall screen. But it's not really better than the tall Honda with the Lip. It still needs a bit more height. I will be adding a Laminar Lip after Christmas.

I think the distance between the shield and the rider is a bit long on this bike. That makes the windshield a bit more difficult to get a perfect fit.

I've played around with the vent a bit. It works just like the vent on the Gold Wing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
CTX1300D - TennesseeSmith

I put the Cee Bailey shield on the red bike after work today. Pictures at the link above.

I went for a short ride, but I didn't hit the highway at speed. I think this may turn out to be a very good shield. I'll know tomorrow.

I also got the bag liners. I haven't looked at them yet, but I'll give a report tomorrow.

For reference, here is the Cee Bailey on a CTX700D:
CTX700 - TennesseeSmith
Hi, nice photos! Screen looks great. Mind if I ask how tall you are and where does the wind hit you at highway speeds?
Thanks

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm 5'10" but I'm long in the torso. My windshield experiences tend to line up with guys who are about 6 foot tall.

The wind is going just over the top of my head on the bike with the Cee Bailey shield. I took the highway down to Nashville Saturday morning and returned on the back roads that evening. Quite a few of the larger bugs managed to get through and hit me on my sunglasses.

I've been threatening to add a Laminar Lip to that screen for a long time. I think I'll order one tonight.

The Honda tall screen with the Laminar Lip is a bit better than the Cee Bailey screen which is better than the Honda tall screen by itself. I suspect the Cee Bailey with a Lip would be the best setup.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the post! Did you get the sport or touring shield and which size? I'm 6'2" and with the tall Honda shield I still catch a lot of wind so I debating what to do. Thinking of getting the 12" CB touring for summer and possibly the extra tall for cooler rides. I hate when decisions cost hundreds of dollars.

Thanks, John

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's the tallest Cee Bailey that was available. 16 inches.

ITEMS:
Qty - Price - Part# - Desc
1 - 379.00 - HONDA W/S - Honda CTX1300 Touring Windshield-
16in Height -
Light Gray Tint-
Yes Visor Vent-
No HLG-
Left & Right (Black) Saddle Bag Liner Set

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
X-creen.

Very adjustable. You can customize your windshield for your particular height and weather.

I installed it on my Honda Tall windshield. I am 6'0" and it works well for me. I learned about it on this forum here.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I love the X-Creen. My only negative on it is I wish I didn't need extra "stuff" to fix the airflow on both of my shields.

So I'd been hoping Ken would report back that the Cee Bailey was superior enough to not require any kind of addition -- for the cleanliness of its look I'd have gone with it if it seemed likely to work for me. I'm 6'0 and tall in the torso, so if it doesn't work perfectly for Ken it certainly won't for me. So if I'd have to add a lip to it anyway, I'll just stick with the Honda Tall + X-Creen.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Where did you get your seat cover?

@trich,
I think you are asking about these from his photos in the first post?
If you do a google search for "motorcycle seat beads" you can find several places that sell them.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes. They are Bead Rider ceramic beads. Awesome on hot days, but not great on the cold days. It is very easy to take them off and put them back on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts