CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer says center stand not available. I'm in the US. Has anyone got one?

Rav

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Tried to order one from my dealer, they said it would not be available until August.
:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Maybe check with my dealer at Storm Lake Honda (see my profile for contact info in the visitor messages). They sometimes have an updated ETA over other dealers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I placed an order for one yesterday at the same time I ordered my backrest and was told centerstands would come off backorder on 7/25.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I bought my Deluxe, one of the deals was $1,000 in free accessories....(and $3500 off MSRP due to a special large lot purchase of bikes from Honda)

I ordered the heated grip kit, rear carrier & passenger backrest, touring windshield , and centerstand.

Got a call from the dealer today - so far the rear carrier and touring windshield have arrived, with no word on ETA of the rest.

Which is fine - I've got a workbench full of stuff to put on the FJR first, so I'm in no hurry for CTX parts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine came with one.......

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Mine came with one.......
Only the U.S. models did not come with one.
That and the heated grips or 12v socket.

I don't mind not having a center stand... yet.
So far have been able to do anything I need to by setting the side stand on a block of wood. There will be a time I may need to stand the bike straight up and I still plan to do that with the front wheel chock. I prefer to have the 12v socket in the right saddle bag where I put mine, rather than where Honda deems it should go... under the seat behind the right rear cheek just behind the right shock.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Only the U.S. models did not come with one.
That and the heated grips or 12v socket.

I don't mind not having a center stand... yet.
So far have been able to do anything I need to by setting the side stand on a block of wood. There will be a time I may need to stand the bike straight up and I still plan to do that with the front wheel chock. I prefer to have the 12v socket in the right saddle bag where I put mine, rather than where Honda deems it should go... under the seat behind the right rear cheek just behind the right shock.
Been a long time since I had a bike with a centre stand.....going to like it for cleaning the back wheel!!!! Strange that it doesn't come with the bike in the US or with the heated grips......I'm looking forward to using those in the Spring and Fall!!!

Only put about 60 miles on the bike so far and I'm really enjoying it. Quite an adjustment from my Ultra......

:)

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
413 Posts
Is there any reason this bike couldn't be raised on a standard motorcycle jack for cleaning/maintenance? I haven't seen a picture from the correct angle to determine whether anything fragile hangs below the frame.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
The engine hangs well below the frame. The only frame part on the very bottom is the bar where the center stand mounts. Otherwise, the bottom frame tube can be seen on each side above the foot pegs, almost half way between the cylinder covers and the bottom of the bike. Any standard mc jack would be lifting on the engine oil pan and, if set right, on that center stand cross bar. I'm not certain I would want to put a big part of the weight of the bike on the oil pan. I haven't hear/read if there would be damage from that but it just doesn't seem safe for the pan. If it is OK to do that then that would be great. But just not sure of it at this time.

Here's a photo of the bottom of the bike. The lowest frame part, the cross bar for the center stand, can be seen just below the riders heal. The lowest frame tube near the engine otherwise is that large tube that passes just at the top of the brake peddle. (click on the bar across the top of the photo to see a bigger view).

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
I guess I will need to sell my motorcycle lift then. I bought it to lift my Honda Fury... only used it about three times. :cool:

·
Registered
413 Posts
So I can see how a centerstand would allow one to remove the back wheel...but how could one remove the front? How do dealers even do it? overhead chain/strap lift of some kind?

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
So I can see how a centerstand would allow one to remove the back wheel...but how could one remove the front? How do dealers even do it? overhead chain/strap lift of some kind?
Don't know that one.
This a question I've had for some time. While I have read for some engines it is not good to lift a bike by the engine.
But what about THIS bike/engine? I don't know and would love to have a definitive answer if it is OK or not to lift at least part of the weight of the bike under the oil pan. Doubt it, but don't know. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d :confused:

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I guess I will need to sell my motorcycle lift then. I bought it to lift my Honda Fury... only used it about three times. :cool:
I wouldn't be so quick to unload it -- you could probably trim up a couple of lengths of 2x4 to contour around the delicate parts and settle under the liftable ones. I haven't looked under mine closely yet, but that's what I plan to do with my lift ... if I ever get around to it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts