CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently purchased my bike that was stored in a Honda warehouse. Still has the stock tires ( yes, true), but the front tire is due to be changed. The back tire is still in a good condition, but will be replacing it (6 years old).

On my previous bike I was using Metzeler ME 888 Marathon Ultra and was very satisfied. I was wondering if anyone has tried these on their bike and what your experience with them was. Or if I should shy away from these and use something else.

Thanks for any insight you may have is appreciated.

Shak

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just put over 600 miles on a new set of 888's this weekend and I am really liking these tires. My originals had 11k on them, I never looked at the manufacture date but it had to be early 2014 or late 2013 depending on exactly when the bike was built. My point is that new tires are always going to be better than old ones but I swear the bike rides smoother and the grip in the corners is great. I have so much more confidence in the bike holding the road now as it just doesn't feel like the rear end is trying to slide out from under me like it did with the dunlops. My old V-Star also came with dunlops and on hot days it too would try to slide before I switched it over to the Metzelers. I'm pretty sure if you want to go with the exact stock size they are currently about your only options aside from the stock Dunlops.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put over 600 miles on a new set of 888's this weekend and I am really liking these tires. My originals had 11k on them, I never looked at the manufacture date but it had to be early 2014 or late 2013 depending on exactly when the bike was built. My point is that new tires are always going to be better than old ones but I swear the bike rides smoother and the grip in the corners is great. I have so much more confidence in the bike holding the road now as it just doesn't feel like the rear end is trying to slide out from under me like it did with the dunlops. My old V-Star also came with dunlops and on hot days it too would try to slide before I switched it over to the Metzelers. I'm pretty sure if you want to go with the exact stock size they are currently about your only options aside from the stock Dunlops.
Thanks for the input!
Shak

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I finally went with the Metzelers. Will have them put on when they get here and will update after a few miles.

Shak

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, an update. The Metzelers are on and what a difference! The original Dunlops felt like they always wanted to bring the bike back up and I had to fight with it to turn, while the Metz feel like they want to dig into a turn and I have to hold them back. We'll see how they go once I've worn off the polish and the nubs on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts