CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of my new highway pegs. Much thanks to "menosabe" for this great "forward peg mount" bracket. It is a great design, and quality made. He even gave excellent customer support. The first set he sent me somehow got lost in the mail, when I called him, he sent out a replacement set with no problem. Thanks Charlie!

I followed Charlie's instructional video on youtube, and it took me about 2 hours to get the first one on, and about 30 minutes for the second... :rolleyes:

I chose Kuryakyn, Trident Dually in black for the peg (part # 7562) and 7573 for the mount (also in black).

They look great and I am sure they will feel great out on the highway, but I cannot give them a try since I sent my seat to Russell Products to have them make me an "all day seat" - so I am grounded for awhile:(

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
YOU will love your russel day long seat. Heads and tails over the stock seat I had rear portion done for wife since she would not ride on the the stock one after her first 30 minute ride now she will and really likes the heated part

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YOU will love your russel day long seat. Heads and tails over the stock seat I had rear portion done for wife since she would not ride on the the stock one after her first 30 minute ride now she will and really likes the heated part
Thanks to your review is why I when looking into the Russell seat. I am on pins and needles waiting to have a seat back and highway pegs. I will be sure to give a review of both the new pegs and the Russell seat.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks to your review is why I when looking into the Russell seat. I am on pins and needles waiting to have a seat back and highway pegs. I will be sure to give a review of both the new pegs and the Russell seat.
Hope you sent lots of pictures from different angles,,I even sent pics with a ruler near my butt to show how much I wanted the seat moved forward to match my short legs. and move me closer to the bars

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope you sent lots of pictures from different angles,,I even sent pics with a ruler near my butt to show how much I wanted the seat moved forward to match my short legs. and move me closer to the bars
I sent the three shots that they requested. I gave them a call, and they said my pictures were good to show how we sit on the bike. My legs are not sooo long (32" inseam), but I always want to be all the way back in my seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really like the pegs! My HD had them and being 6' 3" it's sucks not being able to stretch my legs. I'm gonna have to order me some. And, please let us know how you like the seat (pics too). I've been looking at it too. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I found that waxing the brackets with a good hard wax goes a long way towards keeping the bugs from sticking to hard.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Barrettmusicman and I have been private messaging but for those "Inquiring minds that want to know". You can contact Menosabe on forum or Charlie at [email protected]. I should have 20 sets made by Tuesday for those who want to take the stress off the knees. If you have a shorter inseam than 30" and would like a custom bracket made, at no extra cost. let me know in a PM

Reactions: Awhat

·
Registered
53 Posts
SwingWing Highway Pegs

I installed by Highway Pegs from Master Menosabe today!

Here's a tip... make sure that before you bolt on the bracket and replace the cowling, etc... attach the adaptor and peddle to the bracket, otherwise, you get to take it aaaaaall apart and start over.

I used a pair of SwingWing pedals that match my current SwingWings.

(Note the Predacon Badge on the saddlebad...my favorite part).

I hope the valve covers don't get real hot (I don't think they will) because the inside of my calves rest on them when I stretched our on the highway pegs.
(looks like my first two photos are displayed rotated 90degrees. rats)

-Jim
PS- What a brilliant piece of reverse engineering by Mensabe. Nice work!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Thanks for the nice words Jim. I'm sorry for the youtube instructional video based on the old bracket style. I will try to do a new video based on the new style to make installation run smoother. By the way, nice looking pegs on your bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
menosabe - Got mine today - THANK YOU! I have my adapter and switchblades coming tomorrow - looking forward to installing them - Thank you sir for your expeditious shipping, but most importantly, the quality in metal selection, powder coat, and the craftsmanship of the welds look AWESOME!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all,

I've recently started thinking about highway pegs for my CTX-1300 when I came across this thread. They look good, but I have a couple of questions:
1) How do they mount to the bike?
2) Pictures show a cut away of the engine guard pieces - Is this necessary to mount the brackets?

Please advise and thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello all,

I've recently started thinking about highway pegs for my CTX-1300 when I came across this thread. They look good, but I have a couple of questions:
1) How do they mount to the bike?
2) Pictures show a cut away of the engine guard pieces - Is this necessary to mount the brackets?

Please advise and thanks
1) There is a bolt (don't ask what it is for) that you put the bracket under. It is long enough and strong enough to do the job with no worry.
2) Yes, it is necessary to make a small cut in this plastic cover. On the first one I did, I followed what I saw on Menosabe's video - and ended up cutting more than was necessary. The second one went much better once I knew exactly where to cut. I used a dremel tool to make the cuts.

Reactions: Richard Fischer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Bob! I'm hoping to buy a CTX 1300 soon and this old guy differently needs foot pegs to stretch my legs out. :) I had an ST1300 and loved the bike, except it was a little tall for me.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Bob! I'm hoping to buy a CTX 1300 soon and this old guy differently needs foot pegs to stretch my legs out. :) I had an ST1300 and loved the bike, except it was a little tall for me.
I used to have the ST1100. Liked the longer wheel base over the ST1300 but still had too much forward lean for my comfort. I also have the SwingWing pegs on my CTX and really like them. Give consideration to Menosabe's peg brackets shown in this thread. They are well made and put the highway pegs out front as many riders are used to finding them. I still may yet put a set on ... someday if I am able to restock my farkle fund (rather depleted now). For now, the SwingWing pegs are just what I need.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts