CTX 1300 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi all, Just ordered a set of those highway peg brackets too from Menosabe tonite. I ended up buying a set of black foot pegs off Amazon.com cause I dont like cleaning the chrome ones all the time & these were only $40.00 after I got done with the order.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Charlie Rogina mounts, Kuryakyn pegs

Thanks for showing us Charlie's well thought out & fabricated mounts, they seem to be the best solution I've seen for highway pegs on the CTX 1300.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Highway pegs

Thanks for showing us Charlie's well thought out & fabricated mounts, they seem to be the best solution I've seen for highway pegs on the CTX 1300.
Hi tonyofmars,
Those chrome pegs look good,could you tell me where you got them,can't say I have seen them over here.
Cheers Melv

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I see that tony and silverpugj used an "offset" bracket. Tony offset to the back, silverpugj to the front. Mine just come straight out - and I found this to be a tiny bit of a reach for me (32" inseam), so tony's method might have worked better for me. But my problem is solved with my Russell Day Long seat and back rest. The Russell puts me a bit more forward than the stock - and with the back rest, I can slouch back and really stick my legs out:)

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
Hi tonyofmars,
Those chrome pegs look good,could you tell me where you got them,can't say I have seen them over here.
Cheers Melv
The chrome pegs and mount adapters are Kuryakyn. So you should be able to find what you like from any vendor who sells that brand. Mount adapters are a separate order item to fit to the pegs. These are attached to the highway peg brackets that Menosabe sells on the forum. Send him a PM for information on those.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Drummer, Hope I'm getting this this message to you I'm new here & not quite sure how to communicate properly plus my computer seems to be acting up when I visit this forum for some reason?! Anywho hopefully you see my reply some place! The pegs I used were Kuryakyn Offset Highway Pegs 4436 I believe is the part #. Though they came with clamps I didn't need, you can probably find just the pegs themselves cheaper, I found them on Amazon for $108. Tony

·
Registered
229 Posts
Highway rests

Hi Drummer, Hope I'm getting this this message to you I'm new here & not quite sure how to communicate properly plus my computer seems to be acting up when I visit this forum for some reason?! Anywho hopefully you see my reply some place! The pegs I used were Kuryakyn Offset Highway Pegs 4436 I believe is the part #. Though they came with clamps I didn't need, you can probably find just the pegs themselves cheaper, I found them on Amazon for $108. Tony
Thanks Tony,I have seen them with the clamps,but wasn't sure if they would be suitable.
I would like to get my hands on them to have a closer look,most motorcycle dealers this end of the UK would not them keep them in stock (not a lot of call for them they would say)
Cheers Melv

·
Registered
6 Posts
When anyone else put the highway pegs on do they spin? I tried to tighten it down but it wouldn't tighten no more and now they can just spin around and around

·
Registered
18 Posts
When anyone else put the highway pegs on do they spin? I tried to tighten it down but it wouldn't tighten no more and now they can just spin around and around
Hi Craigmoore24, Yes I agree that can be a problem. I noticed right off the lock washers that came with my pegs weren't gonna hold & I just happened to find some heavy stainless lock washers in my garage(they look about an 1/8" thick). I imagine the hardware or auto parts store would have some. I then had a problem getting them tight enough with a socket, so got em as tight as I could then mounted them on the bike & turned by hand, I felt them grabbing more, then finally I took a rubber mallet & protected the chrome with a rag & final tightened/hit into position. Have to be care full not to bend the peg mounting bracket. Sum lock-tite may help. Hope this gives you some ideas, happy trails!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Craigmoore24, Yes I agree that can be a problem. I noticed right off the lock washers that came with my pegs weren't gonna hold & I just happened to find some heavy stainless lock washers in my garage(they look about an 1/8" thick). I imagine the hardware or auto parts store would have some. I then had a problem getting them tight enough with a socket, so got em as tight as I could then mounted them on the bike & turned by hand, I felt them grabbing more, then finally I took a rubber mallet & protected the chrome with a rag & final tightened/hit into position. Have to be care full not to bend the peg mounting bracket. Sum lock-tite may help. Hope this gives you some ideas, happy trails!
Hey buddy I bought some 1/2 lock washers it did the trick ;)

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
kuryakyn 7573

·
Registered
155 Posts
Added bag protectors, Menosabe brackets and Kury Dually pegs, as well as lights though they are not yet wired in.

Note to Charlie:
The mounting bolts Kuryakyn supplied for the peg adapters were too long to work with your 1/8" thick metal so were bottoming out in the blind-tapped holes. They gave a false impression of being fully tight but that was just the star washers compressing a bit. I had to grind ~1/8" off of both of them to make it work.

That said, if that piece of metal had been 1/4" thick I would have been able to work the bolts through the holes due to interference with body.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here are some pictures of my new highway pegs. Much thanks to "menosabe" for this great "forward peg mount" bracket. It is a great design, and quality made. He even gave excellent customer support. The first set he sent me somehow got lost in the mail, when I called him, he sent out a replacement set with no problem. Thanks Charlie!

I followed Charlie's instructional video on youtube, and it took me about 2 hours to get the first one on, and about 30 minutes for the second... :rolleyes:

I chose Kuryakyn, Trident Dually in black for the peg (part # 7562) and 7573 for the mount (also in black).

They look great and I am sure they will feel great out on the highway, but I cannot give them a try since I sent my seat to Russell Products to have them make me an "all day seat" - so I am grounded for awhile:(
Where did you get the extensions? (I have the pegs)

21 - 40 of 45 Posts