CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll admit I'm a little slack about checking my tire pressure. However, I noticed lately that my CTX was wallowing a bit in rough corners. I checked my pressure and both tires were down about 6 psi. So..I brought them up to spec: 36 in the front and 42 in the back. Wow....what a difference. No more wallowing and the handling is a lot more crisp. I swear....even the harshness of the suspension was improved. It seems counterintuitive that higher tire pressure would improve the ride, but maybe I don't understand the physics. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, the correct tire pressure, along with good tread and no cupping is crucial for safety and that secure "ahh, now everything feels right" feeling. Same holds true for 4 wheels. You top the air off and feel a difference.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My dealer assembled my bike utterly perfect. It was the 1st time I ever got any vehicle or bike that someone ACCURATELY set the PSI.

It wasn't even off a lb. All bolts were at correct torque and the bars etc were all aligned with dimples/dots.

I was really impressed. They will do the heated grips, if and when we ever see them.
I dont feel like doing that job myself.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the Garmin zumo 590 and the minute i pull off it gives me real time tire pressures,, LOVE IT much better than the piece of crap that honda had on my 2012 WING

1 - 4 of 4 Posts