CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 67 and currently riding a 06 VTX 1300R...as much as I like my Vtwin Im ready for something new (keeping the X)...whatever I buy will be my last bike(funding reasons) and I want to choose wisely...both local dealers will not test ride...Im having a hard time making up my mind between the CTX1300 and F6B....all my riding is recreational , I don't have the opportunity to tour/travel...I don't mind spending the funds but just want to do it once...I know the decision is mine but opinions appreciated...many thanks

·
Registered
764 Posts
My local dealer let me ride an F6B one day when one of my CTX1300s was in shop for a regular service.

I loved the smooth engine. It reminded me of the Gold Wing I used to own.

I prefer the CTX1300 for the lower weight. The CTX1300 is a bit better in a parking lot. The F6B handles better in serious twisties, but you don't have those in West Tennessee. You'll probably want a taller windshield on either bike.

The gearing is better on the CTX1300. Both bikes could benefit from an extra gear. The CTX is available with ABS. You can't get that on the US version of the F6B. It's slightly easier to stand up on the F6B, but neither bike is comfortable for standing. Both have comfortable seats. I've not carried a passenger on either bike, so I can't comment on the back seat.

I had the opportunity to buy any bike when I chose my first CTX1300. I considered the GL1800, F6B, and some bikes from other brands. I'm happy with the choice I made. I like the lower weight and the lower cost was nice also.

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@TennX,
Howdy neighbor. I had the white 1300R with the X seat and loved it. Wifey loved it more than I. I tried the VT1300 Interstate for a year, then moved to the CTX1300D. I haven't ridden the F6B, but I've had 7 Wings and a Valk with that 6 engine and it is nice.
I'm 5'10" and find flat footing the only problem (minor) for me. Dislikes: I don't like where the mirrors are and the controls for the dash/audio. This is the first bike (I've had 27 previously) that I've even bought the extended warranty along with the tire replacement for when I'm traveling. This bike is fun, functional, smooth, torquey(<---yeah, I know), and grows on ya the more your ride. BTW, I'm 60, retired, do local, as well as touring. I've declared this my last bike also. Now, if you wonder why I didn't get the F6B, because I'm the kinda of person that if I had rode it, it would be in my garage!!!!!!! In a bike shop, I'm like a kid in a candy store.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree with both of the above posts. Especially the part about the CTX being harder to stand over at a stop. I am 68 years old and just realized that I am also the same number in inches tall. Funny. Anyway, at 5'-8" I find the CTX to be a bear when pushing it out of parking spaces, etc. I actually took my seat to a guy who removed as much of the padding out of the seat in the area on the sides that your inner thighs hit when standing. He was able to remove about 1/2" of thinckness on each side and it helped tremendously when I am stopped. Now I am not so bow-legged. There is really no reason for padding in that area of the seat anyway. Your legs only touch it when stopped.

Reactions: willajabir

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tough call on this one! I had a 2012 Goldwing, and am about 5'8" tall and would say that between the CTX 1300 and the F6B, you will find moving the CTX around a little easier than the F6B.

It really gets down to what you are looking for. The F6B is a stripped Goldwing with the style of a bagger, but still has the old fashioned radio and I-com system. The CTX 1300 on the other hand, has the LED lights, available ABS and the Bluetooth system (which you can load all types of your music on a thumb drive, and play for hours your own music without a skip), and that marvelous V-4 engine.

The CTX 1300 has more character, the F6B has more comfort behind the fairing. I may buy an F6B down the road, but the CTX 1300 is definitely a more fun ride IMHO :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts