CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Exquisite. :smiley-happy0034:
I've been wondering how these covers look actually installed. They look great.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow! Looks great - and I'm not much of a chrome lover. Are these pieces Honda accessories?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow! Looks great - and I'm not much of a chrome lover. Are these pieces Honda accessories?
Yes.....curious.....after market or Honda....where are they available.....

:smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
413 Posts
How'd you even know to order them? I see about 5 chrome items listed on the Honda accessories site but with no pics it's not exactly clear what they all are. I'd like to see a pic of a CTX with all of them applied.

I think the chrome top end head covers look especially nice, and I'm not a chrome guy. I was thinking one of my favorite aspects of the CTX was its lack of chrome with just that prominent exhaust. Now I'm rethinking.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the compliments. :ty: I was a little reluctant to do the chrome engine shroud at first, but now that I got them put on I really like them on there. They are a Honda Factory accessory, my dealer had a list of all the Honda accessories that they're & will have available for the CTX1300. They are also listed listed on the top page when you go to the web site to download the installation instructions for the Honda accessories... I believe it's called "Genuine Accessories User's Guide". I told my salesman at the Honda dealer that I think the Deluxe package should come with the chrome engine covers on there from the factory since there isn't really anything grey on the Deluxe models. The chrome engine covers really balance out the chrome exhaust I think. The engine covers and the engine shroud are both chrome plastic. Both of these accessories were pretty easy to install too! :smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Keep us posted as to how they hold up. Looks nice. Just wondering how much damage flying stones will do to the plastic.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think they will hold up pretty good. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d Only time will tell. A flying stone could hit the painted w/s garnish too??? I will keep my fingers crossed and will keep you posted.

Keep us posted as to how they hold up. Looks nice. Just wondering how much damage flying stones will do to the plastic.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Those are just plain awesome. Now I need some brave soul to get the chrome exhaust powder-coated in flat black or maybe evern that snazzy wrinkly paint stuff. Just for the sake of comparison. :)
I have to say, tho... the chrome looks fantastic.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:ty: I think they will really pop in the sunlight with the metal flake in the red paint. :cool:

Those are just plain awesome. Now I need some brave soul to get the chrome exhaust powder-coated in flat black or maybe evern that snazzy wrinkly paint stuff. Just for the sake of comparison. :)
I have to say, tho... the chrome looks fantastic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts