CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So was browsing for an option for a highway peg. I saw a few added a homemade extension to a longhorn offset clamped to frame.
Saw another post that was a straight, with second person adding to that adding a small offset to the peg.
I like the idea of all factory built parts, most were using Kuryakyn parts.

I was trying to find those parts by numbers but it appears they might have obsoleted a few. Doing a search for 1 1/2 highway peg did a better job of returning lots of options.

One was a Victory motorcycle package with what appears to be the same as the straight kuryakyn setup, but made in Korea rather than China. Package is clamp, offset, iso peg.

Purchased for $80 with tax and shipping seems like a fair deal at 50% of original retail of $159. There in the mail so no pictures mounted yet.

I just thought I would post so others that might not have considered it, but there are lots of new old stock and used pieces out there.

I will be playing with fit so if you have experience with same I'd appreciate input on fit with compared seat and your inseam. I'm looking for simple clean install to give me a second knee positions so thinking while not that far forward I can get both a sole and heal position that should fix any knee pain on long days.

victory footpeg 2875198
Automotive lighting Coil spring Font Audio equipment Auto part

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use this type of highway pegs. It gives me 4 different foot positions. Factory pegs, heel on factory-front of foot on highway, highway pegs, and boots laying over highway pegs. Only problem I had was clamp wanted to rotate. I ended up putting a small bolt in to lock it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use this type of highway pegs. It gives me 4 different foot positions. Factory pegs, heel on factory-front of foot on highway, highway pegs, and boots laying over highway pegs. Only problem I had was clamp wanted to rotate. I ended up putting a small bolt in to lock it.
What brand of clamp did you use?

Several people used them and reported they stayed tight.

Do you have a picture of your mount?
How long are your legs?
What seat do you have?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Clamps are Chinese knockoffs from eBay but look exactly like the Kuryakyn. They are mounted to the lower frame tube just behind exhaust and angled up some. They drag before the factory pegs so I pivot them up in the curves. My inseam is 33 inches and have factory seat with Airhawk.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clamps are Chinese knockoffs from eBay but look exactly like the Kuryakyn. They are mounted to the lower frame tube just behind exhaust and angled up some. They drag before the factory pegs so I pivot them up in the curves. My inseam is 33 inches and have factory seat with Airhawk.
Thanks for input. Close to my leg length but have corbin standard so maybe just a bit more room.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting

Nice heavy weight set. With Corbin seat these are more want than need but it puts my knee a little short of straight which is good and I can put heal on top to go completely straight for a few minutes. I can see it might be an issue with clearance if you had big feet, my 9.5 is fine.

Automotive lighting Gas Automotive tire Wood Auto part

Font Art Gas Wood Tints and shades

Clamp stamped US patent

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About 3 inches higher than nut on bottom of factory peg when folded up. Don't see it to be an issue if folded. Moves my feet out a little so have some knee clearance. Can't wait to give them a try.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive exhaust Automotive design

Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What was that? You're wearing a fish net bathing suit?? I'm getting sick thinking about that one. BAHAHA!!!
Funny man...did you see the butt shot on FB that was a good joke

Down here where it never freezes its either shots or mesh, I thought it was goofy but its so much better than jeans or regular riding pants.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@PatrickFL - apologies for sounding judgy, that was not intended! Wife uses FB- we have a Portal so we can see our granddaughter in FL! I dropped it mainly due to work. My only complaint is companies that rely on it for their web presence since those of us who don't use it can't see all their information.
No problem lots of my older friends have the opinion its not something they want as giving up a bit of privacy. The concept of someone making money off your browsing offends some.

I have the same opinion as when I walk out to jump in the pool in my God given swimming suit, if people want to watch what I'm doing why should I care. There is little privacy in these days of smart phones and TVs, much like browsing web pages or apps. I've never bought anything from an email or ad I've seen so theywaste time collecting my data.

Certainly understand no apps on work phones, I agree 100%. Personal phones for personal time, don't have them out on the clock.

To each his own and you can't hurt my feelings, and I dish out my fair share of teasing, joking and laughing at and with my friends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So was browsing for an option for a highway peg. I saw a few added a homemade extension to a longhorn offset clamped to frame.
Saw another post that was a straight, with second person adding to that adding a small offset to the peg.

I was trying to find those parts by numbers but it appears they might have obsoleted a few. Doing a search for 1 1/2 highway peg did a better job of returning lots of options.

One was a Victory motorcycle package with what appears to be the same as the straight kuryakyn setup, but made in Korea rather than China. Package is clamp, offset, iso peg.

Purchased for $80 with tax and shipping seems like a fair deal at 50% of original retail of $159. There in the mail so no pictures mounted yet.

I just thought I would post so others that might not have considered it, but there are lots of new old stock and used pieces out there.

I will be playing with fit so if you have experience with same I'd appreciate input on fit with compared seat and your inseam. I'm looking for simple clean install to give me a second knee positions so thinking while not that far forward I can get both a sole and heal position that should fix any knee pain on long days.

victory footpeg 2875198
View attachment 48259

victory footpeg 2875198
View attachment 48259
Greg, where did you find these pegs? I've searched Kuryakyn's website to no avail. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Greg, where did you find these pegs? I've searched Kuryakyn's website to no avail. Thanks, Mike
In first post. Packaged for Victory brand motorcycle #2875198

So the main point i was trying to make as these type of pegs have been sold under different brands. Probably a bunch out there also labeled for Harley.

Do web or sites like Amazon oe eBay for 1 1/2 inch highway peg.

I saw other same listing on ebay as they one's I bought just more expensive.

New old stock is what I bought.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts