CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that bike clock gains about 5 minutes a week? I was always thinking I was late until I figured it out.

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,116 Posts
Drive faster? :D

Haven't really noticed. Will have to check that tonight after work... or maybe take a walk out real soon before that just to look (I like to go out and just look at it anyway sometimes :D )

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,116 Posts
Did check the clock on the bike last night and it was still on time. Haven't reset it since more than a month ago. It even keeps the time after disconnecting the battery a few times. I even had the battery disconnected for a few hours once but it still retained the time and other settings I had configured as well as what track it was last on from my USB music stick.

· Registered
446 Posts
It could be the settings are stored in NVRAM or FLASH (the service manual specifically mentions both the ECM and ABS retaining stored trouble codes over power down) and the clock could have a supercapacitor.

With today's technology, a consumer grade Dallas (now Maxim) RTC could live for days off a small supercap.

Reactions: bob

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm. Not sure what to make of mine then. It seems odd to complain to the the dealer that the clock is fast, but I will probably mention it next time I am in. I have had to reset it twice in the short time I have had the bike and it was 10 - 20 minutes fast both times.

· Registered
2,179 Posts
Hmmm. Not sure what to make of mine then. It seems odd to complain to the the dealer that the clock is fast, but I will probably mention it next time I am in. I have had to reset it twice in the short time I have had the bike and it was 10 - 20 minutes fast both times.
Time slows down the closer you get to the speed of light. You're obviously driving it too slow. :tongue:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.