CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do y'all think about shops that close on Monday's? Kind of makes me not want to shop at them Tuesday thru Saturday. They are for profit retail establishments right? Maybe owners are telling us they can't sustain a business 6 days a week?

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
A lot of the ones I've dealt with are fairly small outfits with not enough staff to stay open 6 or 7 days a week and maintain decent customer service without someone needing to work a LOT of hours. The place I do most of my business with, the owner is still there every hour of every day it's open. I think there are a few factors at play, not the least of which being the sanity of ownership and the help. They are mostly small businesses, after all; and face it, these last few years haven't exactly been kind ones to the motorcycle industry as a whole. They've probably had to do some serious belt-tightening just to stay afloat. God knows a lot of them haven't survived.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The bigger shops in the bigger towns and cities tend to be open longer hours. I'd rather develop a good relationship with one of the smaller dealers in a small town.

Motorcycle purchases aren't the impulse buys they were a couple of decades ago. These are very expensive items that require a lot of thought and planning before the purchase. Most riders can work around the Monday-off schedule.

I like to deal with folks who ride the bikes they sell. If they have to work seven days per week, they don't get much riding done.

Reactions: ShadowRider

·
Registered
23 Posts
The bigger shops in the bigger towns and cities tend to be open longer hours. I'd rather develop a good relationship with one of the smaller dealers in a small town.

Motorcycle purchases aren't the impulse buys they were a couple of decades ago. These are very expensive items that require a lot of thought and planning before the purchase. Most riders can work around the Monday-off schedule.

I like to deal with folks who ride the bikes they sell. If they have to work seven days per week, they don't get much riding done.
Couldn't agree with you more, I'd take a good, small shop that's closed on Mondays over any big corporate shop even if they were open 24/7.

I really feel the same way about just about all stores and restaurants and would rather support my local retailers even if I have to pay a little more than what a Walmart or Target would charge.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more, I'd take a good, small shop that's closed on Mondays over any big corporate shop even if they were open 24/7.

I really feel the same way about just about all stores and restaurants and would rather support my local retailers even if I have to pay a little more than what a Walmart or Target would charge.
agreed, I dont mind spending the extra couple bucks at a local establishment because the dollars stay with the local economy instead of being shipped out to some offshore profit center as most corps are set up this way now...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since my off days from work are Tue/Wed it never really bothered me much. Most of the cycle shops that I have dealt with over the last 30 years were mostly closed on Sun/Mon. I do most of my shopping online and have done the majority of the work on my own bikes as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,481 Posts
Our local Honda dealer WAS closed Mondays until just recently. Most of the mc dealers are closed then around here also. Now our local Honda store is under new management and is advertising being open 6 days a week... at least for this year. We'll see if that continues during the off season. During summer time all the dealers are open 6 days. I think all are closed Sundays to go riding. The local dealer here used to be mostly BMX riders so there was emphasis on those lines from Honda and they would tend to be less informed on other lines like tourers or cruisers. Hope that changes. There is another dealer not too far that is actually a bigger dealership in a much smaller town that may be a better place to go for a better price. They deal mostly with the tourers and cruisers there. All this is why I do most of my own work on my bikes and order most parts online.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I hate when places close on mondays, as long as they open on weekends when i have most of the time in the day to myself, other days wouldn't matter as muhc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts