CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I open a picture that someone has attached as part of a post and then hit the back button to go back to the post, sometimes i get bounced back into a previous post or sometimes back to the home page. Especially if there are more than two pics attached. Most of the time I get back to the original post after the first two pics, but on the third one, I always get bounced someplace wierd and have to navigate back to the post I was reading. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, If I come to the site from an email notice to read a post that I have gotten a notification about and click on a pic I get the message that I need to be signed in to the site to open attachments and am redirected to a login page. When I log in, the picture opens, but when I try to go back there is no way to get back to the post. The back button while a pic is open only takes me to the login page. There is nothing I can do except close out of the site and go back in and navigate to the post I was originally looking at. Annoying.

Again, am I doing something wrong?

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I get this too once in awhile, usually when I'm browsing on my phone. And if I recall, it happens on at least one other forum, too. Not sure what causes it, but it doesn't happen regularly.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
It is rather random. I usually always end up at the first post I entered the page at when I go back from viewing a pic in a later post... IOW - I click on the new post link and I end up at the page with a new post (sometimes) and then read down a few posts where there are pics. I click on a pic and then when I go back I end up at the first post I was at when I first went to the page. I think twice total I actually ended up at the post where the pics were clicked on.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Seems like a javascript bug in the forum software. It happens to me reliably: view one pic, I can go back to the post, choose another one, go back to the home page. That's in Safari on my Mac.

Jeff

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I thought maybe my computer was kooky.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How does everyone like the new method implemented for opening attachments?
Mikey likey. Lots more friendly.
Thanks to whomever fixed this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts