CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Motor vehicle Bicycle
This was on my bike when purchased. Anyone else out there have something similar?
What do you have attached?

Looking for ideas to make use, or if you had a bad experience using this mount please share.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I use a RAM mount that replaces one of the handlebar bolts with a bolt provided by RAM and a 1" ball mount that the bolt runs through.
Have had it 4 years and it works well, it can get misshapen by over tightening the RAM arm as the ball is rubber with a metal sleeve inside I think.

Font Parallel Technology Screenshot Camera

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Think one hangs a helmet from it, by the strap. When I ride, I think about getting one. Then I don't. Maybe I will now that I'm sitting at my desk and still remembering it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think one hangs a helmet from it, by the strap. When I ride, I think about getting one. Then I don't. Maybe I will now that I'm sitting at my desk and still remembering it.
Guess you could use it for helmet. Seems like a perfect but small ball so I figured some type of ram like mount, but smaller than I've seen.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You were right I found it doing that search. Looks like they must have had an optional lock but also looks like discontinued item as I only see a couple on ebay noted without lock. Good to know.

Kuryakyn Clutch & Brake Lever Pin Helmet Holder

I knew one of you guys would know. I always throw my helmet in the top case but might come in handy fully packed for touring

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I have one on my bike and have had them (two) on my previous Wing when the wife rode along. They are for hanging your helmet by the D ring. And you can add a small lock if you want that will fit the upper slot for lack of a better term. I use a small “luggage lock” found most anywhere. Just remember to hang the helmet upright or you may have a wet head if it rained while you were away. Also they make them in two versions, the replacement pivot bolt or one that screws into those extra threaded holes on your reservoir.
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are far ahead of me. I live in a rural area and get by reusing a zip tie. The lock would be better. View attachment 48213
I was thinking about a cable lock like the one linked, the trick is long enough but still be able to figure a wrap that doesn't risk an idiot damaging wires or clutch line. Its about keeping an punk from grabbing as they walk by, that's also why I take time to put in trunk out of site.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,067 Posts
The reason for a lock is to prevent those who would otherwise be tempted to just take a helmet they can easily removed. There are luggage locks that have a combination rather than a key to prevent loosing that key. I have a few that are TSA approved to use for my luggage when flying. They are inexpensive. Just have to take care to measure that recess under the ball on the end to make sure the lock you get will not just slip up over the ball.

@BobMO , RAM has a mount that is a standard RAM ball that is intended for the threaded socket on a camera.
Here's one on Amazon that only needs a short or long RAM arm (your choice) to go from this to any RAM ball mount for positioning the camera to any angle or position.
https://a.co/d/bwgdMev

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Link to one on ebay. I'm not 100% on which one is for honda or if all the same.

Other ones I saw were 4210 without lock.

How does the helmet hang from the stud? With the relatively short bars and short strap for the D ring, seems like it would lean on the middle cowl. I have enough scratches on my helmet already from careless handling.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
How does the helmet hang from the stud? With the relatively short bars and short strap for the D ring, seems like it would lean on the middle cowl. I have enough scratches on my helmet already from careless handling.
Good point haven't even tried it. I will and post pictures later.
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fuel tank

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

So best scenario was hanging on mirror would allow to be locked on or keep someone brushing against to knock to ground..
Other two rest rubber edge cushion against side panel. Other wise paint to paint and completely upside down.

Well at least now I know what its for even if I never use. Might be good for restaurant stop when top box packed.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
I put my helmet on my seat. Then I run a cable lock through thru the visor opening and down through the hole on the top of the right side saddle bag [high side bag when on the kickstand]. Keeps the helmet safe and keeps it from sliding off the seat.

Cable lock link

1 - 20 of 25 Posts