CTX 1300 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,067 Posts
The CTX1300 actually does have a helmet "hook" under the seat. The chain shown in the previous post would work very well with that. My CTX actually came with a cable that was looped at each end and covered with a vinyl sleeve that is intended to be used just like that with the under seat hook. The bad thing is that you'd have to unlatch and lift the seat every time you want to lock your helmet.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,067 Posts
Oops, correction. My CTX did not come with that cable. All my other bikes did. But that cable is listed in the set of tools that the CTX is supposed to come with. As many of us know most of the tools that are shown as the normal complement of tools that should be there are not.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Oops, correction. My CTX did not come with that cable. All my other bikes did. But that cable is listed in the set of tools that the CTX is supposed to come with. As many of us know most of the tools that are shown as the normal complement of tools that should be there are not.
I Think there's a cable in the tool bag, but I don't use it. My last Honda, 600 Shadow, had that hook under the seat. I could get the helmet D ring hooked on it without a cable. But those under the seat hooks are a pain. I'd rather have some kind of external hook, since I might have a bag strapped across the back seat.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts