CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I added the trunk to the blue bike I rode both bikes to compare the ride.

The blue bike has given up some of it's "I don't care" attitude around the trucks at speed. I can feel the vortexes as a bit of a mild push from alternating sides. But the vortexes do not create any steering input like they do on sportier bikes. This is still the best bike I've ever ridden on the highway even with the tall windshield, laminar lip, trunk, and beads that make me sit higher.

The red bike still handles the trucks as if they didn't exist. It handles the curves better also, but I think that's due to the newer tires. I rode the red one in the rain a bit yesterday and I really missed the taller windshield. I'm going to investigate the Madstad shield for the newer bike. In a perfect world I could get a Wind Bender.

I'll have to leave the red bike parked for a few days until I can get the 600 mile service done.

I was easily able to get my camera stuff, my heavy jacket, my heavy gloves, and a Mountain Dew in the trunk this afternoon. The bag closures on the blue bike are a bit of a struggle, so I really like the ease of opening and closing the trunk. The bags are great on the red bike.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please forgive the poor spelling in that post. I typed that while doing other work.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Regarding the ease/hardship of opening the sidebags, it appears to depend on temperature: works perfect on cold days, needs just a little slamming (read: "manly touch") on hot days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts