CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anyone? I'm looking at this with a lot of 'want'

mostly for the heat... with their heated models-- it does include heating under the pillion?
(wondering if it would interfear with a viberider VibeRider Motorcycle Accessory 917 533 5790 :)
I already have the cigarette lighter plug under the seat, anyone have any experience with the length of the connection,
and where exactly it would connect to- given I have the 12v in use for the lighter adapter....

-- I do keep a U lock under there-- and do take the seat off when I go into the city....don't want to constantly be yanking the connection...

·
Registered
14 Posts
seat

Not sure when I will be able to review it. I live in northern Michigan and will not be able to ride until about mid April. Snow on the roads is not fun for old guy like me.
I can tell you from experience of using corbin for many years, it takes awhile to get your rear comfortable on the seat. Once it is broken it it is a pleasure to ride on. I have done several Iron Butt runs and the seat has gotten me to the end. Did the Four Corners in seven days and my butt was still able to make it home. 12,500 miles start to finish in ten days.
If this one holds up like the others I will be a happy camper. I have paid as much as $1200.00 for a Goldwing seat. I did not get the back rest for the new seat. Had it for other bikes, never used it enough to justfy the cost.
Hope this helps.

Bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
The bike on their site and in the mag is mine! They used it for R&D and gave me a seat when I picked it up in Hollister. I have some where around 1200-1500 miles on it and love it. It is a firm ride but absolutely no soreness or hot spots after many 200 mile rides. Both the rider and passenger seats are heated via a single switch, due to the pillion being so thin they were not able to put in dual switches. I don't use the heat here in Cali, but have turned it on to test...it gets warm pretty quick. When I picked up the bike they had gotten some modeling clay or something on the Honda backrest pad I put on, so they pulled it off and recovered to match the seat at no charge! They are wonderful people to work with. I also have a Harley FatBoy and if I keep it I will be taking it to Hollister to get a seat.

I am 6'2" & 210 lbs and it did raise me up a bit, I was flatfooted at stops and now am light flatfooted, most time I am on the balls of my feet. It also moved me back a bit but is is very comfortable on my arms. They are making a seat that doesn't set you back as far for the shorter riders. I did not bet to test that one out. They also gave me a backrest and I don't think I'll do anymore long rides without it! It makes the rides on the freeway much more comfortable. I have received numerous compliments on the way it fits/looks on the bike.

If i didn't get it for free I would have definitely bought one. :smiley-party0005:

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
I want one!!! however,the initial cost plus the shipping to here,I don't think my wife would see it my way.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The bike on their site and in the mag is mine! They used it for R&D and gave me a seat when I picked it up in Hollister. I have some where around 1200-1500 miles on it and love it. It is a firm ride but absolutely no soreness or hot spots after many 200 mile rides. Both the rider and passenger seats are heated via a single switch, due to the pillion being so thin they were not able to put in dual switches. I don't use the heat here in Cali, but have turned it on to test...it gets warm pretty quick. When I picked up the bike they had gotten some modeling clay or something on the Honda backrest pad I put on, so they pulled it off and recovered to match the seat at no charge! They are wonderful people to work with. I also have a Harley FatBoy and if I keep it I will be taking it to Hollister to get a seat.

I am 6'2" & 210 lbs and it did raise me up a bit, I was flatfooted at stops and now am light flatfooted, most time I am on the balls of my feet. It also moved me back a bit but is is very comfortable on my arms. They are making a seat that doesn't set you back as far for the shorter riders. I did not bet to test that one out. They also gave me a backrest and I don't think I'll do anymore long rides without it! It makes the rides on the freeway much more comfortable. I have received numerous compliments on the way it fits/looks on the bike.

If i didn't get it for free I would have definitely bought one. :smiley-party0005:
Free is a very good price! :)

Thanks for the info on the seat. Might need to drop some hints to the family for Fathers Day. :rolleyes::wink:

:smiley-party0005:
Austin

·
Registered
168 Posts
I also have the Corbin seat.
1 simple review: It's great !
i don't have the heating
the rear is wider so you can't use the givi trunk carrier. I adapted the oem one.

Attachments

Reactions: rcpilot92

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also have the Corbin seat.
1 simple review: It's great !
i don't have the heating
the rear is wider so you can't use the givi trunk carrier. I adapted the oem one.
That piping really sets the seat off!! Wish I had thought of that when I picked it up, they said they would change anything to my liking. Can't complain though for free! :smiley-party0005:

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's a great addition to the bike. I better wait a bit before I consider though (getting an OEM tall windshield, rear trunk, and 12V put on tomorrow so funds are depleted for now).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh luv that seat.. already did a personalization of one... just need the 500us.. if anyone has gotten one.. like to know if it is as great as it looks

·
Registered
79 Posts
if anyone has gotten one.. like to know if it is as great as it looks
IMO, Yes its as great as it looks. Best aftermarket seat I have had.

I live about 30 miles from the factory so I was able to get it customized to mine and my wifes liking. I can ride for hours and have no issues and no saddle soreness after a long ride.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Does anyone had the Corbin "close" version (about 2" closer to the handlebars) ?
Also anyone has the driver backrest ?

Pictures and comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the close version. I could never sit comfortably all they way back on the OEM so the close put me in a much better position. Also, with the OEM seat I felt like I was "on" the bike . With the Corbin they way its shaped, it makes me feel like I'm more a part of the bike if that makes sense. I opted to not have a backrest so I had them fill in the hole before they covered it so there is no flap.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
JB5: it looks great and thank you for the input!

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I have the close version. I could never sit comfortably all they way back on the OEM so the close put me in a much better position. Also, with the OEM seat I felt like I was "on" the bike . With the Corbin they way its shaped, it makes me feel like I'm more a part of the bike if that makes sense. I opted to not have a backrest so I had them fill in the hole before they covered it so there is no flap.
May I ask, how tall are you, and what is your in seam?

I'm thinking more and more of looking into one of these, and I'm trying to decide if I want the close version or not. I definitely do not want to sit any higher or further away than the stock seat.

·
Registered
79 Posts
May I ask, how tall are you, and what is your in seam?

I'm thinking more and more of looking into one of these, and I'm trying to decide if I want the close version or not. I definitely do not want to sit any higher or further away than the stock seat.
I'm 5'7 and short inseam 27". The seat puts you about 1/2" lower and 2" closer. When I would sit on the stock seat the comfortable place for me was always about 2 inches from the back of the seat. Never could sit all the way back comfortably.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I'm 5'7 and short inseam 27". The seat puts you about 1/2" lower and 2" closer. When I would sit on the stock seat the comfortable place for me was always about 2 inches from the back of the seat. Never could sit all the way back comfortably.
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts