CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that can report on the passenger comfort of the Corbin leather seat?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had one on my last wing, lasted a week, Hard as a rock , they kept telling me it had to break in... I had over a 1000 miles on it during that week and only way I made it home was with gel cushion on top of it. switched to a russel day long, plus they built passenger seat taller and softer for short wife so she could get a better view, plus moved her seat area forward more to move me closer to the bars. gave her more room between us so she could read her nook on long boring rides on the slab

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a Corbin seat on mine, the wife loves it over the stock seat. It was very hard at first but right at 1000'miles and it's breaking in very nice. Can do an all day ride no problem at all. The passenger seat is much wider and higher than stock. Very happy with the seat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kniterider ... I'm not really a stranger to the Corbin seats. I've had three of them on different bikes. I liked them all and my wife thought they were too hard. I'm hoping to get a response from someone with the CTX1300 seat. Corbin has been able to make a 14" wide passenger seating area versus the stock 9-10" wide.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks TexasGolf43 ... that's what I was looking for. Do you have the Honda top case, Honda backrest, or a GIVI?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes you will need 1000 to 1500 miles for it to break in, that is what I was told when I picked up the prototype they gave me ( they used my bike for R&D). I have near 1000 so far and it is nice....feels a lot firmer than stock when you sit on it, but after hours of riding you get off and NO soreness...no hot spots either. That's my take on it, of course everyone is built different! LOL ...I'm 6'2' 210
The passenger pad is a lot wider and nicer than the stock seat. Girlfriend is much more comfortable on it compared to my Harley FatBoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts