CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my deauville i have a very nice Corbin seat.
I would like a Cobin seat on my ctx as wel. only they don't have one yet.
I read on de Corbin site that they like to make one for free as they can lent your bike for a while.
As I live in the Netherlands and Corbin is located in California my chipping costs are a bit to expensive.
Is anybody in california intersted?
see there site for info :
http://corbin.com/free_gear.shtml

·
Registered
406 Posts
Russel day-long now has a seat with all the options avaialble for the CTX1300 I got the sunbrella material covering in a slate grey to go with the grey blue bike.. looks great and feels even better.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I don't see it in the Honda gallery.

·
Registered
28 Posts
On my deauville i have a very nice Corbin seat.
I would like a Cobin seat on my ctx as wel. only they don't have one yet.
I read on de Corbin site that they like to make one for free as they can lent your bike for a while.
As I live in the Netherlands and Corbin is located in California my chipping costs are a bit to expensive.
Is anybody in california intersted?
see there site for info :
Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Free Stuff | 800-538-7035
Emailed Corbin on Tuesday, they want my 2014 next week for about 3 weeks, then of course I get the first production seat they make! They are 2.5 hours from me, great excuse for a road trip! :smiley-party0005:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:smiley-happy0034: nice.
I'm anxious to see the result
Good luck and hoping to see pictures when your bike is ready

:smiley-party0005:

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
Emailed Corbin on Tuesday, they want my 2014 next week for about 3 weeks, then of course I get the first production seat they make! They are 2.5 hours from me, great excuse for a road trip! :smiley-party0005:
Sweet!

·
Registered
279 Posts
cant wait to see it
hope they fix the rear for my wife
otherwise I love the seat
but I am a fan of the corbins
thanks for giving up your bike

·
Registered
28 Posts
cant wait to see it
hope they fix the rear for my wife
otherwise I love the seat
but I am a fan of the corbins
thanks for giving up your bike
I installed the passenger back rest, so hopefully they make something up for that also!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Oh no! Please report back that it feels like a piece of cypress wood....... My farkle fund is low..

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
i either got to get my seat redone or corbin. waiting for the corbin, dont want to put the money in both. cant beleive , mustang, ultimate or corbin has not done this yet. must not do it until bike is a sure thing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The bike was dropped off about 3 weeks ago, they will have until no later than May 2nd. I will probably pick it the weekend of the 8th, as I am going 4X4'in that weekend in Hollister with my Jeep. When they start production I get the first one, so as of right now I do not know when that will be. I will find out when they call to come get the bike and I'll let ya'll know! :smiley-party0005:

·
Registered
279 Posts
thank you for your sacrifice
sucks don't it
to be without your bike for a month

·
Registered
28 Posts
thank you for your sacrifice
sucks don't it
to be without your bike for a month
LOL it has! I still have the FatBoy but there is no comparison...the CTX is sooo much more comfortable!!! It also leans further/better!!:smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
314 Posts
i either got to get my seat redone or corbin. waiting for the corbin, dont want to put the money in both. cant beleive , mustang, ultimate or corbin has not done this yet. must not do it until bike is a sure thing.
Check out Russell Product's "Day Long Seat". Kniterider got one for his CTX1300 and praised it so well that I ordered one. My seat is at Russell right now getting rebuilt. I really need a back rest, but the main draw for the Russell is the added support they give in the seat - and extra width and thickness for the passenger.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Check out Russell Product's "Day Long Seat". Kniterider got one for his CTX1300 and praised it so well that I ordered one. My seat is at Russell right now getting rebuilt. I really need a back rest, but the main draw for the Russell is the added support they give in the seat - and extra width and thickness for the passenger.
I cant give my seat up for a month to get redone. Thats why i am hoping corbin gets into production soon. I am not needing support,I need shaved off BOTH sides, seat is to wide, it hits my inner thighs need more padding on top maybe and alot less or none on the sides of stock seat.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts