CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sold my bike and I have my rather expensive Corbin seat for sale. I may have put 2000 miles on the bike with it probably less. It's pretty much perfect. It's bomber leather with the heated option. Paid almost $1000. Asking $550. I cover the first $50 of shipping.

·
Registered
26 Posts
does this move you closer or further from the bars ?
If this is the standard Corbin seat (not close), you get moved slightly rearward away from the handlebars (not much, 1 inch?). Also because you sit deep in this saddle, you effectively lose 1 inch of clearance to the ground. Meaning if you struggle to reach the ground with a factory seat, this will make it slightly worse. When i ride 2up, and i need the confidence of the full foot on the ground at a stop, i slide forward on this seat at stops to accommodate that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If this is the standard Corbin seat (not close), you get moved slightly rearward away from the handlebars (not much, 1 inch?). Also because you sit deep in this saddle, you effectively lose 1 inch of clearance to the ground. Meaning if you struggle to reach the ground with a factory seat, this will make it slightly worse. When i ride 2up, and i need the confidence of the full foot on the ground at a stop, i slide forward on this seat at stops to accommodate that.
Thanks for the info Tony. I will keep that in mind. being vertically challenged this seat would not be for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts