CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have both a cramp buster and heated grips? I've noticed Honda's heated grip rubber differs slightly in texture from the non-heated ones. And now the cramp buster actually slowly rotates out of position after some time. It's irritating cause once it's slipped it's no longer of much use.

The heated grips' rubber seems to be softer, more pencil eraser-y. The CB seems to grab better on harder shinier rubber.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I don't have the heated grips but I have had a few versions of the CB, including the alternate brand that attached with a Velcro strap that could slide on some grips. The alternate brand to the CB came with a wide flat rubber band to assist keeping it in place when it might slip like that. Maybe find a very thin rubber band or strap to wrap under the CB?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good idea. I was trying to think of something along those lines but for some reason a rubber band wasn't coming to mind. I didn't want to do anything to actually stick to or modify the grip at all.

I rode without it today and found that I really enjoyed the bare grip again. It's as though the CB helped me get accustomed to the sensitivity of the throttle response and build up a finer degree of wrist control and now I'm fine without it.

Perhaps I'll try the rubber band idea and have it available so I can bust out the CB on longer trips.

Thanks!
Jeff

Reactions: bob

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
As I recall, the Cramp Buster also comes with an additional band about a 1"-wide rubber band) like what Bob mentioned that you can use for smaller diameter grips -- like ours. I found my CB rotating on my standard grips (when I still had the stock grips), so I added that band and it stopped the slipping.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My CB1 definitely did not. Nothing but the CB itself was in the package. Maybe the CB2 does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey man,

I had the same problem but someone from this site recommended "Grip Puppies" and I will say they work perfect for the ctx 1300 and OEM heated grips. Not only are they more comfortable but the heat comes through the grips just fine. I had to cut the grips maybe and inch off to fit. Also use soap water on the grips to help fit over the grips. They are softer grips and they fit tightly so they wont rotate and my cramp buster now fits on it perfectly.

They are a little over-priced on amazon but worth it for me. Search amazon for this:
Grip Puppy Comfort Grips

Cheers,

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts