CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been riding now for a week with the CrampBuster on and, just like on my last 3 bikes, love it! :D

One of the benefits I'd forgotten that it brings is mellowing out the touchy throttle control. Especially on the CTX1300. I remember reading over on the ST-Owners forums that the ST1300 has a touchy throttle and almost everyone who has that bike gets used to it. So that is really just a "feature" of this engine. I'm certain riders will also get used to it with this bike. But I realized in the last few days that I really don't have any issues with the throttle being touchy at all since I put this thing on. This is something I remember now from using it even on my GW. Yep, I had cruise control on the GW but that does nothing to mellow out throttle control, only to hold speed where you want it. The CB does mellow out throttle control and that, by itself, keeps your hand a bit more rested. I find with it on that I really don't grip the throttle very much at all, so no cramping during a long ride, thus the name of the thing. And by not gripping so much I also am much more in control when the bike goes over bumps that would normally make a rider blip the throttle due to the tight grip. Throttle control is with the heal of my hand as much as with the grip, sometimes more so. :D

I would recommend one of these even if you did have a cruise control or throttle lock installed. Different tool for a different part of the job.

Did I mention that I love this thing! :D

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
I got the Cramp Buster CB2 (the wider one). I've always had some kind of palm rest on my last 4 or 5 bikes ... can't live without one now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Never heard of it before, gonna get me one. Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bob So glad I read this thread before I set off for my 1000 km. first service as I purchased one (different brand) at the dealer and used it for the ride home. I have been struggling a little with throttle hand cramps and last Friday riding to the dealer was my longest run to date on the CTX (550 km.) and I was worried about it. Put it on at the dealer and like you........ Did I mention that I love this thing! .....thanks for the great tip

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered two CB's: one for me and one for my wife's CTX700. After our first long ride, we both admitted that our left hand's were jealous of the relaxed feeling that the right hands had.
Remendy: ordered two more, and now have CBs on both grips!

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I decided to put one on both sides, too...probably more for symmetry than anything. But now I find I like resting my throttle hand on the left one. Cycle Gear had them on sale for $6 each, so it was a no-brainer. And on Saturday two friends I was riding with got them for their bikes as well. Thanks for the advice, guys!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Stopped by my dealer yesterday to pick up some stuff and they happened to have these hanging by the parts counter. Picked up a CB1. I loved it on the ride home! It's already making a difference in managing the throttle over bumps.

Jeff

Reactions: bob

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I have GOT to get one of those. 400 mile ride today and my throttle hand was killing me.

Eric

·
Registered
88 Posts
Okay, I just ordered one of these. Went on a long ride this past weekend and my throttle hand was killing me after 60 miles. Sounds like a cheap fix. Can't lose!

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I figure between my CB and the equally cheap throttle lock I recently added I'll be good for many long miles. The CB will help my hand and wrist to last much longer than without, and the lock will allow me to shake out my hand and wrist when needed. I don't need to have my hands off the bars for longer than that and it is really no issue for me to keep pressure on the throttle with the CB. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I love my cramp buster, it really mellows out the throttle!! I would say it's the best money you could spend on your CTX!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts