CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I decided against getting the CTX1300 I have still been reading the forum. When I was considering getting it I had thought about putting a cruise control on it. I dug out some information I had used to put a cruise control on my ST1300 and figured it wouldn't be that much different on the CTX. Putting it on the ST1300 was pretty easy especially since I am an electrical engineer not a mechanical engineer. I am attaching some pictures of my installation. I couldn't upload the installation manuals I used due to size restrictions but if you will search the ST1300 forums (ST-Owners.com ) you should be able to find them.

Data

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is not to understand? The instructions are still applicable.

David

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do you have to be an electrical engineer to install a cruise control on a CTX? How much would it cost and how long to install? Who did you buy it from?

Thanks, only 4 questions to answer, hope you don't mind.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have to be an electrical engineer to install a cruise control on a CTX? How much would it cost and how long to install? Who did you buy it from?

Thanks, only 4 questions to answer, hope you don't mind.

Bronson,
I certainly don't think being an electrical engineer is a prerequisite for installing the cruise control. I think the task was more mechanical than electrical. If I remember correctly (and it has been a while so pardon the dated help) putting the AudioVox CS100 on my ST1300 cost around $200 total. You may have a hard time finding the same cruise control now but there is a replacement for the CS100 on eBay right now for $195. Also there are other cruise controls available like the Rostra and the Global. Some of the ones available now use a electrical solenoid to operate the throttle rather than the vacuum activate one I used. This would certainly simplify the installation. I bought my CS100 from Amazon but I don't believe it is available anymore. I spent about 5 hours doing it but I am very particular about how things look and spent some time just dressing up the wires and making things neat. Hope this helps.

Data

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Thinking about it some more, if I don't know exactly what I'm doing, and I don't, I won't mess with the throttle innards. OK for a throttle lock, but not that. Risk to me. Risk to my warranty.

I installed a motorized cruise control 40 years ago, but I was dumber then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts