CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
23 Posts
All of these "Throttle Lock" cruise controls are similar Serg. The problem is you are continually just making the finest little adjustments. Fine I suppose if you are on a long flat road, in top gear and just want to take your hands off for a few minutes. A few months ago, I listed some stuff on cruise controls. Personally I fitted an electronic cruise. After quite a bit of messing around, tinkering and getting the right gear, I must say the cruise is nothing short of perfect. If you are mechanically minded, although pulling it all apart looks initially daunting, you are basically just doing a tiny bit more than getting to the air filter. I think it is well worth the effort. Mine is as smooth as any goldwing and certainly as smooth as my car. As I say worth the effort. If you cannot find my previous posts or want to know how to do it, would be happy to send you some pics and recommendations and more or less step by step instructions of how it would be done. Sure mine took about 20 hours. But I did it slowly. If one was presented before me now. I think it would take no more than around four hours.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for consult me so well. You right that feature only can work on flat roads, but where I live here is no many flat roads. Because region name is Ural Mountains :) Maybe later I will ask your support where get and how mount actual cruise control. I want to understand do I really need it yet. Now I'm counting days until winter ends and I can ride my bike. Luck on roads for you.

· Registered
105 Posts
I had one of these on another bike....well built but you will be making a lot of adjustments. No good if you are riding with others....on your own it's ok......there are many different types available that do essentially the same thing. I have one now that only cost ten dollars......can't think of the name of it right now.....I think it's called a "Go Cruise Throttle lock.....does the same thing but not as fancy....I'd save the extra $170 bucks for gas or something else for the bike.....

:smiley-party0005:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.