CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has finally been installed. I have been looking for a good quality cruise control but had no luck, McCruise is a business here in Australia but did not make a unit for the CTX1300. So I gave them my bike to experiment on and two weeks later it is ready for a long ride. I have tested it on freeway and hills and it holds perfectly both up and down the incline, but so far it has been testing only. I'm heading off for a 7 day ride with 3 mates and over 3000K I will give it a good workout and report back with the results. The business is run but two brothers and Frank (one of the brothers) did the work on my bike in Sydney and we never got the chance to meet. I did however call in at their factory in Melbourne to pay and meet the other partner (Tony) and I was very impressed. These chaps have a state of the art product and sell worldwide for a full range of bikes. Don't be disheartened that the CTX1300 is still on the wanted list when you visit the site, soon the CTX1300 link should be ready to order. Watch this space. Home Page | Motorcycle Cruise Controls :):ty:

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
It's only $758.68 US DOLLARS. I Scored an old Super Vista Cruise ( the metal one ) on eBay for $15.00. More in my price range.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, buy the time your shipped it and had it installed you would be around $1000 US, I was lucky as it only cost me the unit, I saved the installation as they used mine as the test bike. I'll report back after my ride, I'm sure it will be a great investment, I normally keep the bikes for 10+ years so I get my money's worth. My VTX1300 only had the manual throttle control and it was cumbersome. My son-in-law rides it now, hand throttle off, screen off and Vance and Hines pipes back on....kids....now it is noisy again and you get blown off at speed. Go Figure...

·
Registered
65 Posts
My riding buddy/neighbor installed one of MC's units on his Pacific Coast and will help me with the installation of mine.

So as I'm pulling out of the driveway to take my wife to lunch, I said "honey, I need to spend some money on my bike and it's going to be fairly expensive! I need about $750 for a cruise control." She said that was not nearly as much as she expected and that it sounded like a safety item, so go ahead! I nearly wrecked the car!

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well done, you will love it, I don't say anything till it's fitted then it is too late, usually costs me a dress or some clothes for her as an offset....!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought my new CTX home. After having an LT Beemer for quite a few years, really miss the cruise control. I'm in QLD, so will very interested in your results after the ride

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Graeme, I have not had it off. It works like a charm. Up and down dale holds to a k, very impressed. This is the first cruise I have used on a bike and I love it. They are writing the CTX manual this week. Apparently it is a little more difficult because of the covers. We are heading to the Victorian high country today, hopefully cool as warm temps predicted for the coast. Cheers Roger

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had the rostra knock off electronic cruise on mine I had to tweak it ( 275.00 ),, But on my USA 4 corners & 3 Flags ride it was absolutely the best thing I had done to my CTX.. nearly 12,000 miles in 17 days , A lot of highways that cruise control saved my 60 years old wrist

·
Registered
65 Posts
So, this is something we could order for the rest of us in the near future, correct?
If we are still talking about the unit from MC Cruise in Australia, yes! I am checking their website every day and it's still not listed, but should be soon.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well we are home safely after our high country ride. The cruise control was fantastic. The control is easy to use and the clutch and brakes disengage instantly. For the Aussies in the forum the control held the speed to within one kilometer from Goulburn to Liverpool even up and down the decline and incline of the Mittagong bypass. I can not recommend it highly enough. I have worked out as I get older that if you want something to work well and last you need to pay. I know some will say they are expensive but it will be on my bike for 10 years when I look for a new one, and I call that great value for the money. I will however never buy another Honda without cruise control again. Hopefully, in the not too distant future Frank and Tony will have the manual ready and product ready for sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looking forward to getting one! Keep us posted.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did you install it yourself ? Do you have a link to the installation instructions ?

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, I am not up to the expertise required to fit the unit. I was lucky I gave the boys at MC Cruise my bike for two weeks and my install was complimentary as they developed the install and photographed the process and result. I have the install manual but was asked not to post it to the forum. If you email MC Cruise from the website they will send you the install manual for your own use. It does not look that complex as the had work locating everything has been done. I can not speak more highly of Frank and Tony, I called into their factory and workshop on a recent trip to Melbourne, great setup and very clean and organized. I am over the moon with the way the unit functions (and looks) and use it constantly. Cheers Roger.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts