CTX 1300 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Finally the cruise is on the market. I use it constantly and love it.

It comes highly recommended.

Cheers

Roger
I would be interested in an updated report on the MC Cruise now that you've had it for a couple of years.

I'm considering adding one to my bike, but in the shadows is the nagging caution that if it goes on the fritz, it's 12,000 miles, several time zones and a couple of seasons to get it back to the manufacturer for service.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi Springer,

You will love it. I use it all the time as I use the bike for work and play.

I'm on 37,000k now and it has been on since nearly new.

It holds on hills and the speed is held around 2k from where it is set depending on the terrain, on a straight level road it holds exactly to where you set it.

I can not recommend the product more.

Cheers,

Roger.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thanks very much!

An electronic cruise control is about the only thing separating my CTX1300 from a CTX1800.

The $1000 USD price tag (shipping plus exchange rate) burns a bit, but not nearly as much as the $22K+ for the 1800:(

Reactions: Jim and Russ T

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks very much!

An electronic cruise control is about the only thing separating my CTX1300 from a CTX1800.

The $1000 USD price tag (shipping plus exchange rate) burns a bit, but not nearly as much as the $22K+ for the 1800:(
I did not know there was a CTX1800....!!!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I would be interested in an updated report on the MC Cruise now that you've had it for a couple of years.

I'm considering adding one to my bike, but in the shadows is the nagging caution that if it goes on the fritz, it's 12,000 miles, several time zones and a couple of seasons to get it back to the manufacturer for service.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Mine is pretty new, I added it last year to my CTX. Works perfectly every time and as good as my cage. Lots of info in forum that I and others have posted.

Reactions: Springer

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey Springer,

Did you get the photos I sent....???? I suck at trying to add photos to PM's.

I tried to show you the view from the riding position.

Cheers

Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey Springer,

Did you get the photos I sent....???? I suck at trying to add photos to PM's.

I tried to show you the view from the riding position.

Cheers

Roger
No PM, no photos. But this post works for me. Many thanks for the view from the top:)

Regards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well it has finally been installed. I have been looking for a good quality cruise control but had no luck, McCruise is a business here in Australia but did not make a unit for the CTX1300. So I gave them my bike to experiment on and two weeks later it is ready for a long ride. I have tested it on freeway and hills and it holds perfectly both up and down the incline, but so far it has been testing only. I'm heading off for a 7 day ride with 3 mates and over 3000K I will give it a good workout and report back with the results. The business is run but two brothers and Frank (one of the brothers) did the work on my bike in Sydney and we never got the chance to meet. I did however call in at their factory in Melbourne to pay and meet the other partner (Tony) and I was very impressed. These chaps have a state of the art product and sell worldwide for a full range of bikes. Don't be disheartened that the CTX1300 is still on the wanted list when you visit the site, soon the CTX1300 link should be ready to order. Watch this space. Home Page | Motorcycle Cruise Controls :):ty:
So the MCCruise for the CTX1300 is Your fault??? Thanks for lending them your ride.
I just installed it on mine about two months ago and love it. It's worth every penny.
Frank and Tony did a great job with the instructions and the hardware. I've never seen an aftermarket product come with so much detail on how to take your bike apart. Most would just instruct you to remove the plastic but not tell you how. And the hardware..... I love how they went to the trouble of keeping you from butchering wiring harnesses to interface the cruise with all your circuits. The same with the throttle cable. It could all be removed without any indication it was there.
The only gripe I had was the control panel mount. Instead of filing out 2mm on the clutch bracket, I put a piece of slip sheet plastic around the handlebar. This makes a gap for the bracket and leaves enough room to tighten down the clutch lever.
I'm a stickler for modifying parts that are visible.
My bike doesn't have ABS so the brake lines didn't allow me to mount the servo in the same place. But I got it done and should post on the forum with photos.
I emailed MCCruise about my experience with their unit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the rostra knock off electronic cruise on mine I had to tweak it ( 275.00 ),, But on my USA 4 corners & 3 Flags ride it was absolutely the best thing I had done to my CTX.. nearly 12,000 miles in 17 days , A lot of highways that cruise control saved my 60 years old wrist
I just got this cruise about two months ago for the same reason. I'm now 60 and my tendons in my wrist started bothering me.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts