CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is a happy day. I bought a 2014 CTX 1300 blue grey and so I just joined this forum. I am looking forward learning about this unique motorcycle - its quite different from anything I've owned to date..

Question: I am 5'8" and like to sit fairly straight up. Is anyone aware of an effective way to get about 2 more inches of pull-back (risers or bars?) for this bike?

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Hello @CTG!
Welcome.
Read up the threads in the CTX1300 Tech Section forums. There is at least one member, maybe more I think, who added adjustable risers to pull the bars back more. I'm 5' 9" and 32" inseam. The bike fits me perfectly from the factory... after I adjusted the bars lower than Honda originally would tend to set them. There's posts about that too for seeing the mirrors better.
Congrats on buying a great bike! Hope you get some good enough weather to ride it a bit real soon.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hey @CTG,
Welcome aboard. Lots different but good about this bike. Most are either in a love or hate feeling about it. I was one that hated it when I saw the reports and pics, then when I went to the dealer for some else, I saw, and now I'm an owner.
Here are the risers another member put on. He bought the 2" version.
Had to loose the the cable holders on front to keep everything loose, but didn't have to extend anything with the 2" version.
Edit: Here is the thread @bob was referring to(I think).
http://www.ctx1300forum.com/forum/accessories-gear/5002-adjustable-handlebar-risers-3.html

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
406 Posts
That would be my CTX. I put them on my bike I got short everything. SHUT UP The ROX pull backs are pretty adjustable and kept all existing wires and cables

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more pull back on bars

Thanks Larry - exactly what I needed to know. I am going to order a Rox Speed FX Pivot Handlebar 2" Riser 7/8"Handlebar Black 1R-P2SS for sure.

I assume the bars are 7/8" correct?

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum, CTG!

The bars on this bike are a bit odd in size -- they're 7/8" at the ends for the grips, then step up to 1" for the brake, clutch and switch housings, then step up again to 1 1/8" through to the risers.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Thanks Larry - exactly what I needed to know. I am going to order a Rox Speed FX Pivot Handlebar 2" Riser 7/8"Handlebar Black 1R-P2SS for sure.

I assume the bars are 7/8" correct?
I don't think the part # you refer to will work.
The 1R-P2SEK is the one with the adapters referred to in the previous post.

Welcome to the forum, CTG!

The bars on this bike are a bit odd in size -- they're 7/8" at the ends for the grips, then step up to 1" for the brake, clutch and switch housings, then step up again to 1 1/8" through to the risers.
1 1/8" (as sleepngbear states) is what is needed. The reference chart on the Rox site recommends 1R-P2PPK.
Motorcycle Bar Risers - BMW, HONDA, YAMAHA?SUZUKI?KAWASAKI?KTM?TRIUMPH
The other thread by the "short guy" :D was experimenting when we didn't know for sure what was or was not working. But as usual, forum members come through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts