CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it could be interesting to just get an idea of the demographics of the CTX 1300 owners or potential owners who are on the site. I think people should just tell us their gender, age, line of work and the reason why they chose (or are interested in choosing) the CTX 1300.

I'll go first:

Male
I'm in sales
I haven't bought but I am looking for a bike that I can use on longer trips that is fun to ride too.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Male
teacher
The hard bags are perfectly sized for carrying my laptop and graded papers. It eats miles; 16 hours in the saddle would have killed me on either of my previous bikes.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Yes, interesting idea.

M
IT Project Manager

Bought the CTX1300 sight unseen, before the dealer even got it. Been waiting for this un-Harley since I had an ST1300, and then a VTX1800, and then dreamed of what their offspring would look like. The CTX is close to what I imagined, only better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
M
Retired teacher

Wanted a freeway worthy bike and the motorcycle experience again after last ten years with a Silverwing scooter (which I still have and love taking around town).

·
Registered
28 Posts
M
Creative director
Love the looks, tech, and comfort. Was looking for a cruiser/bragger type bike and the CTX totally fit the bill.

Reactions: SCS

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Male
I'm in sales... I sell John Deere Equipment, which I know is of very good quality and so therefore I choose Honda because I know it's of very good quality too. I have owned more of Honda motorcycles than another brand and there is a reason for that.... Quality. I first saw these CTX's on the internet last fall, so I contacted my local Honda dealer from whom I always do business with and told them might be interested in doing some trading my 2011 Honda Fury. They asked me what color of the three that I would be interested in and I told them a red deluxe is what I would want, so when they were able to order one that's the one they ordered. I went up looked at it in person, sat on it and decided that if we could get together on a difference price then it was going home with me, so we made a deal and the rest is history. It's amazing how this bike rides and handles and to top it all off it looks super cool too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
M
Psychologist & Adminstrator
Moving up from Suzuki mid-size cruiser to full size 4-cylinder Honda. I mainly take rides up the Coast and into some canyon runs, but also wanted to go on over-nighters.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Male
Systems Administrator

I bought my first CTX1300 because I liked my CTX700D but wanted a bigger bike for highway riding.

I bought my second CTX1300 because it was the best option available on the day I finally gave up on my Piece of Crap Trophy.

I live in one of the best riding areas on the planet. I need reliable bikes.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Male
Higher education
Needed something cool, unique and comfortable.

Reactions: SCS

·
Registered
446 Posts
Male
Site Reliability Engineer
Had a RoyalStar Venture before and wanted all the good stuff that one had with none of the '80s relics on it. The CTX1300 fits that description like a glove so far :)

Reactions: Bigredmachine

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
M
Psychologist & Adminstrator
Moving up from Suzuki mid-size cruiser to full size 4-cylinder Honda. I mainly take rides up the Coast and into some canyon runs, but also wanted to go on over-nighters.
Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Male
Government Utility Supervisor

downsized from a 2007 level 3 GL1800. wanted something lighter and still having enough power and ABS brakes. So far after 1300 miles on my blue deluxe I still think I made the right choice.

·
Registered
413 Posts
M
Software Consultant

Got into the CTX desiring an upgrade from my Triumph Bonneville, something close to standard seating position, and didn't find any other cruiser or sport-touring bike out there that seemed quite right (except for the Triumph Trophy which I avoided for other reasons).

Jeff

·
Registered
143 Posts
Male
Corporate Pilot

I purchased the CTX 1300 after a long deliberation of - would it get the job done? Had the bike had electric cruise, sale would have happened within 5 minutes of me sitting on the bike.

I like the unique look of the bike, the way the pipes curve forward around the pegs, then go back...nice chrome look. The V4 is another reason, I enjoyed that engine on my 97 VFR 750F and the ST1300, as they say, lots of torque! Wasn't trying to get away from the V-twin necessarily, but I do like a bike that features it's engine out in the open.

The first time I sat on the bike, the way the bars came back and were instantly comfortable, and the way the foot pegs felt to me, I wanted the bike. I liked the comfort, the seat was perfect, the pax seat appeared to be the same. The bike has two personalities. Keep it stock and it looks like the futuristic cruiser/bagger, but put the tall windshield on and the top-box, and the bike looks like a cut the fat Goldwing.

Go to Sturgis sometime...it is hard to really find a custom that sticks out anymore. However, the CTX is a rare-bear and whether you like the looks or not, it draws attention.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Female
Teacher

Started with Honda Rebel 4 years ago. Moved to a 750 Shadow within 6 month. Had a VTX1300 and now absolutley love my CTX1300. This bike is so smooth on curves. By the way, Im only 5'2".

Reactions: sleepngbear

·
Registered
279 Posts
automotive service
been riding since I was probably 10
bought my first bike an 82 Yamaha vision in 83 before I had a car
been on all kinds since
bought a bmw c650gt last march and should never have gone that way
bike is a fricken great bike bmw sucks and the dealers are no better
in july I purchased a 2015 fz-07 for play time
and now I just rode the new ctx 1300 home last week. it was 37 degrees outside so 20 miles is all I got till probably spring
got a basic black with rear rack tall screen and center stand
more then likely I will get the top box fro Honda
I love the look of the silver wheels more then the black
love a bike that I wont see 3 of at every corner
do you think yull ever see a pack of ctx1300s rideing down the road
nope. so im in

·
Registered
268 Posts
63 years old, OTR Trucker. Got my first bike when I was 15. It was a 50cc Honda Cub. When I was 16 I bought a 1951 Pan Head. From there I have had many bikes of many manufactures pass through my hands.
The last few were an FJR, a Star 1900cc Stratoliner, and a BMW 1200LT.
The Beemer convinced me that I needed something reliable. The fit and finish of the Beemer was top shelf as was the ride quality. That weird suspension really works! What convinced me that this wasn't the bike that I would grow old with was the fact that it was extremely top heavy and that I had it apart just about every weekend. I got tired of the repairs and the worry of not making it home from a ride. Enter the Honda. It's a UJM...but at this point it's just what I need. Very comfortable. Love the strum of the V-4. Wish it had a little more top end...but that's the price you pay for the low end grunt. Hmmmm? Some V-tech would be nice. All in all it's a good bike, and at my age...it's probably going to be my last one. No regrets!

FS

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Male
Sales & Marketing Director

CTX is my third bike. Others include BMW rNineT and Honda CB500x.

I like the bike based on a number of variables; tech, engine and brand. I felt the price point was excellent (after incentives) from my local power dealer.

Excellent thread by the way

Eric

Reactions: sleepngbear
1 - 20 of 287 Posts