CTX 1300 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I shouldn't ask how the footy went the other week mate. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!
Meh. Not really an AFL follower. I would rather support the SANFL local competition. I must admit I don't mind watching a South Aussie team beat the Vics... :D
If anything I'm Red and Blue blooded.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Almost at old fartdom..61
Male
Manager in Grocery store
needed something with low seat as my legs seem to be shrinking.
only thing i don't like about the CTX is the Audio system or lack of .. why no radio or ability to put in a satelite radio and Fairing side pockets are for girly fingers only.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Male
Gov't Contractor (Assessment Analyst) and Program Manager for said Government Contract
Bought the CTX for better suit wearing commuting (sucks to ride a sport bike while wearing a tie under your gear) and for better 2up comfort for the Mrs.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Blue Ridge 2?

Update:

Soon to be 37
Still a teacher
Now I live in the SC Upstate (Anderson)

Still lovin this bike!
HansenCTX is back in the house! I had wondered what happened to you after your move. So have you been planning the Blue Ridge Gathering number 2? From what I read and saw about the first gathering it sounded like fun and it's time for another!

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
967 Posts
HansenCTX is back in the house! I had wondered what happened to you after your move. So have you been planning the Blue Ridge Gathering number 2? From what I read and saw about the first gathering it sounded like fun and it's time for another!
HEY!! Yes, I am back in the house! Yesterday I meet up with another Honda CTX1300 Forum buddy and road the Upstate SC and NC mountain roads. Seven hour ride day! I am making a quick video now and will post soon.

Jorg (Blue Baron) asked me the same question about another Honda CTX gathering in Western NC, yesterday. I told him that I hope to do it again. More to come!!!

Peace,

·
Registered
576 Posts
Male, 54 years old, farmer in the Rio Grande Valley of (deep) South Texas. Bought a blue Deluxe from forum member Lazelod in Houston.

Replacing my ‘98 Honda Magna Deluxe, which I bought in January 2017 w/ 9,200 miles on it. Great bike, loved it, right up ‘til the time I hit a deer at about 50mph southwest of Kerrville on Nov 21, 2017. Bike actually looked almost rideable, but was totaled due to some slight frame damage. I had put 8,900 miles on it in the 10-1/2 months I had it, including 475 the day before the crash, and 181 the day of the crash (approx. 10:45 AM). Leather jacket, gloves, boots, and helmet all did their jobs well. One broken toe tip, some road rash on the right lower leg, and a little right knee damage, but nothing major or requiring any repairs - just some time.

Knew I wanted another V4 (have also had 3 VMaxes) and also something out of the ordinary. First heard of the CTX1300 in mid-2017, and had a local gentleman try to sell me his about 2 weeks before my crash - a red Deluxe at a very good price. Passed on it, because my Magna was set up just how I wanted it. And, of course, when I was well enough to look for a bike, found out he’d traded it off already. But, alas, I have one, and in the color I wanted (since we can’t get white in the states).

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Good to hear you got away so lightly, those dear deer can make a bad mess when hit. Shame about the bike but some good came from it, you got a CTX! :smileygarden_de_ban
My problem, when I worked and lived in the Middle East for a few years, was camels. Particularly the road from Riyadh to Dammam as there were quite a lot of them in the North. Owners tended to put reflectors on their legs so you could see them on the road at night!

Yes, shame you can't get the white over there, don't know why manufacturers do that. I would love a Yellow MX-5 but they don't do them here in the UK, I could get it wrapped if I could afford it!

Anyway, hope you enjoy it and love it as much as you did your Magna. Take care and happy riding. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Age 70 fm GA

Retired from Financial Service Industry

Also disabled vet.

First bike was a Honda CB160, 1969, and I’ve been hooked ever since.

Rode a 1982 Silverwing 500 cc twin from Atlanta to the FL Keys and back! Gotta love it!

Got an 86 GW Interstate and put 52,000 miles on it in 11 months, certainly the better tourer!

I then “graduated “ to Zuki GS1150E with a Rabid Transit fairing. One of the most exciting Rockets you could put between your legs in its day!

Had a long, dry spell due to numerous surgeries and a wife that loved me.

My Brother decided I needed to start riding again and thought I needed the CTX after my wife passed away. My riding skills are slowly returning, but it’s heaven in that saddle!

Bet you can’t tell I’ve got ADHD/OCD!

Happy roads/trails everyone and hope too meet some of you soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
64 yo. Work from home doing capabilities for a call center
Rode dirt bikes as a kid and street cruisers a bit in my 20s then got into other things.
First "current" bike - 02 Shadow ACE 750.
Then:
04 Electra Glide Standard
07 Dyna Street Bob (still have)
82 FXRS Shovelhead
69 Aeromacchi 350
09 Electra Glide Classic
09 Fatboy
08 Sportster 1200 Low
14 CTX1300

I also have a 74 MGB roadster I'm finishing the rebuild on and a 91 Cadillac Allante (currently for sale) as well as my daily drivers - '12 GTI and 96 F150.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm 72 and a retired science teacher. I have had a couple of two cylinder bikes but much prefer the smoothness of 4 cylinders. The Gold Wing is too tall, too heavy, and too expensive. I like sport touring bikes but again they are too tall. The CTX seemed to come in with all the right stuff for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Male
34 Years Old
Mechanical Designer in the Industrial Refrigeration Field
Purchased the CTX because my wife and I both had bikes, and with a little one (He would have been 3 at the time) it was too hard to maintain both bikes, and actually ride them, so we traded both bikes in on the CTX so we could ride comfortably together. My wife will get another bike later down the road when things have settled and our son gets a little older.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Male
Retired (Soldier, teacher, journalist, computer geek)
"Downsizing" a tad from my other bike, which I kept, a 1700cc V-Twin which is more the right bike for the long-distance riding I used to do but less so for riding the local twisties in the mountains where I live.
So far I'm pretty happy with the CTX1300, and REALLY pleased to hear--in a separate thread--that it is like a precursor or prototype for the new Goldwing. I had considered the new 'Wing, but I guess I just saved myself nearly $20,000 by grabbing a lightly used 1300.

221 - 240 of 277 Posts