CTX 1300 Forum banner

261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Good to see a “ young buck” in the group. Welcome to the V-4 gang.

Reactions: SCS

·
Registered
24 Posts
Guess im the young buck in the group!

Im 37 in Illinois

Service Manager

fell in love with after a test ride
more comfortable than my last cruiser
different!! good storage for long haul

just did a 3k trek on it two weeks ago

Suzuki C90 boulevard
Suzuki GS425
Buell Blast
Goldwing 1000

I may have you beat @loadtoad24.

I'm 28
Work as an electrical estimator
Ive been riding for about 10 years and the CTX is by 5th bike.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Hi, Everyone. Love my Honda CTX

I'm 67

Retired: Owner, Service. and Sales of X-Ray equipment

Have been riding for 25 years

I've owned
2 Honda's, 1969, 350 scrambler, 2014 Honda CTX1300
1 Triumph 1969 , 650 Bonneville
2 Suzuiki's. C50, Intruder Vl1500
1 , 2012 Harley Street Glide

Stay Safe

·
Registered
20 Posts

Male

Pastor
Federal Law Enforcement
Principal, Private School

80's Honda 3-wheeler
80's Suzuki 125 street
80's Honda 200R
80's Suzuki GS550
- 30 year hiatus -
09 Sportster 883, Stage 1
14 CTX1300

I loved my Sportster. It was loud, aggressive, and never leaked (well, not much). ;) I traded it so my wife could enjoy a more comfortable ride and we could spend more time together. She loves the backrest provided by the trunk.

The CTX amazed me during the test drive. Slow-speed maneuvers I worked hard to master with the Sportser were very easy with the CTX. I can't believe how easily and well this big bike performs. Now that I'm more comfortable with it, the twisties are getting fun again. The pegs and exhaust are higher, the rock-solid ride feels great in corners, and the smooth, powerful V4 is a delight.

I liked the V-Twin's simplicity and ease of maintenance, yet the V4 is so much more refined. And more friendly to the neighbors. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Male
Quality assurance and product development.
Riding since 2008,
Simson sr50
Keeway speed 150
Honda CB500
Honda NTV 650
Bmw r1150gs
Yamaha BT1100
Honda revere 600
Suzuki VX800
And now the CTX1300.
Was not planning to buy this one, wanted a classic V twin cruiser, but could not find one where I was comfortable.
Went to a random dealership to look for a drag star and end up with CTX.
It just clicked, the seat, ergonomics, and sound e.g. almost silent. Really works for me.
It is great bike. Happy with it and really no need to tinker with it too much.
Few farkles maybe. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Male
28 soon to be 29
IT Manager / Building Manager for a Credit Union / Massive gearhead and tinkerer

Been riding for almost a year now but have logged almost 12,000 miles in that time on three different bikes. Started on a 86' CB450SC Nighthawk that i recently sold. Currently have a VT1300CS Sabre that has no storage and no wind protection. When commuting to work i needed both. The CTX fit my needs perfectly. Also want to visit route 66 one day and will need the comfort and mile munching capability that the CTX has. Plus when i saw one in a dealer last year i decided it was the coolest looking bike around and had to have it. Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Male 55 years of age. This is my 8th bike. I have worked my way around the smaller cruisers to touring bikes. I like the comfort but my short inseem makes them tough to control. I have the CTX1300 for a few weeks and am really enjoying reaching both feet on the ground. The tall windshield gets the wind to the top of my helmet and my chapter riding buddies have a tough time keeping up to the red rocket. Oh well too bad for them. I have some issues with broken plastic tabs and i plan to soon strip them all off and see what can be fixed or replaced. i really like the modern 4 cycl engine and abs linked brakes. Maybe this one will stick around awhile.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Male
68 years old
Retired police lawyer
I have owned many styles and brands of bikes over the past fifty years. Triumph 250, Triumph 500, Yamaha 650, Yamaha 750 Virago, Harley-Davidson FLHS Electra-Glide Sport, BMW R100RS, Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours, Moto Guzzi Stelvio, Yamaha Super Tenere, Suzuki 1250 Bandit, Yamaha FJ-09, and finally, the CTX 1300. The CTX has revitalized my love of riding. It may seem like a small thing, but I was growing weary of struggling to get my 30” inseam over the saddle of my previous bike. I am not getting any younger or taller. To find a bike that I can easily swing my leg over was a blessing. The smoothness, comfort, and funky Art Deco styling are a bonus! Love my CTX!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Male
IT Director
Martial arts instructor
I've only owned Honda bikes (like they said, "you meet the nicest people on a Honda") which are in my signature. I went for the CTX1300 because of comfort for the driver and passenger. Might be my age, but I'm not seeing any bikes I'd really want to ride these days, but this one really caught my eye. I was lucky enough to find one that was hardly used at 8500km (less than 5000 miles). In the last month I added 4000km on it and loving it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure anyone is still posting to this topic, but I found it interesting and wanted to add my info.

69 years old
real estate, business development, franchise sales
slowing down a bit and wanted a bike that I can tour both weekend and long haul
not bothered that Honda chose not to continue importing this bike into the US, it's a good machine and checks all my boxes
waiting for warmer weather and a job change to permit me to enjoy roadtrips

·
Registered
1 Posts
72 turning 73 in 2 days time. Mostly retired.
First bike was a Lambretta 150cc scooter. Back in the early 60's. I could get a D L at 16 in England. One year before you could get a car License. It was illegal at my private school to ride so I had to hide it at a friends house. I loved the freedom of wearing goggles, Helmut and scarf. Drove right by my school and wasn't recognized! Loved it. Then I got girlfriends and a car was just easier and good for noggin. Late at night. I got a job as a motorbike courier in London for a year. That was a good education in driving and staying alive. Several bikes after that.
Triumph 650 was memorable. Norton Feather bed frame was another.
Then I moved to Vancouver B C where I live now. Cars and children after marrying. Till boys turned into teens. Ha Ha. Suzuki 125cc cross over bike (for the boy) you understand. Honda 250 -2 stroke dirt bike was added for the second son. I loved that one. The power in first and second gear was, Wow.
Honda Shadow Ace. 750cc for 10 years. Sold it go Blue Water sailing. Sailed my beautiful boat from Vancouver to Auckland where it currently lies in waiting for me to return. Borders currently closed. In the mean time I need some excitement so the
CTX 13000 came into my life. A few weeks ago. I love it. Good looking. Red. Powerful and more than capable of transporting this old guy into feeling a whole lot younger again. See you on the road.
One son today has a Honda 600 RR.

261 - 277 of 277 Posts