CTX 1300 Forum banner
301 - 313 of 313 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
So these?

Kuryakyn 4357 Motorcycle Foot Control Component: Ribbed Folding Boards for Driver or Passenger Floorboards, Wrinkle Black, 1 Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00514CK4O/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_00T4PJ3PMS01FZMC2SM8

Kuryakyn 8807 Splined Male Mount Peg Adapters for Rear Footpegs and Floorboards: 2013-16 Honda Gold Wing Motorcycles, Chrome, 1 Pair Amazon.com: Kuryakyn 8807 Splined Male Mount Peg Adapters for Rear Footpegs and Floorboards: 2013-16 Honda Gold Wing Motorcycles, Chrome, 1 Pair : Automotive

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
So these?

Kuryakyn 4357 Motorcycle Foot Control Component: Ribbed Folding Boards for Driver or Passenger Floorboards, Wrinkle Black, 1 Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00514CK4O/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_00T4PJ3PMS01FZMC2SM8

Kuryakyn 8807 Splined Male Mount Peg Adapters for Rear Footpegs and Floorboards: 2013-16 Honda Gold Wing Motorcycles, Chrome, 1 Pair Amazon.com: Kuryakyn 8807 Splined Male Mount Peg Adapters for Rear Footpegs and Floorboards: 2013-16 Honda Gold Wing Motorcycles, Chrome, 1 Pair : Automotive

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Yes. Looks like them

·
Registered
14 Posts
@BenOsko saw you were thinking about a GIVI trunk. Here is a pic of my GIVI Blade (I think it’s called) with GIVI backrest to give you some idea of room for the passenger. It’s removable too with one locking button. View attachment 47519
Good morning Cardinal Fan...I have a Givi 37 liter case and will mount the universal mount to the CTX rear rack today. It doesn't line up to the 8MM rack holes so I'll have to modify to make it work. GF doesn't like the backrest that came with our purchase as it sits too low on her back. Plus, we need the additional storage. Cub fan here having been born and raised in Central Illinois. 1/2 family members are Cards fans and the rest are Cub fans. Have a great remainder of the weekend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good morning Cardinal Fan...I have a Givi 37 liter case and will mount the universal mount to the CTX rear rack today. It doesn't line up to the 8MM rack holes so I'll have to modify to make it work. GF doesn't like the backrest that came with our purchase as it sits too low on her back. Plus, we need the additional storage. Cub fan here having been born and raised in Central Illinois. 1/2 family members are Cards fans and the rest are Cub fans. Have a great remainder of the weekend.
What size: Viking bags and Windshield?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
The Viking bags are #51400 Large Lamellar Leather Wrapped Non-Shock cut out. The side toward the bike or back is flat and was real easy to mount using the same bracket that the OEM bags mount to. They were right at $400 if I recall right with a discount they had running at the time. I just looked and they have a 15% off winter sale going now.
The windshield mfg is Cee Bailey but they quit making bike windshields. It was their tall vented model. They also made a headlight protector which I have. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I thought it could be interesting to just get an idea of the demographics of the CTX 1300 owners or potential owners who are on the site. I think people should just tell us their gender, age, line of work and the reason why they chose (or are interested in choosing) the CTX 1300.

I'll go first:

Male
I'm in sales
I haven't bought but I am looking for a bike that I can use on longer trips that is fun to ride too.
Male
I am in QA for a medical device company
I have been riding for many years, mainly in my youth racing motocross. My 1st street experience was way back with a Hodaka Super Rat Rt 125. I then had a Suzuki DR 175. My 1st true street bike was a Yamaha 650 special. Had to sell it when my son was born. 20 years later, bought a '04 Honda Shadow 750 classic. Decided I needed something bigger for 2 up riding, so bought a '97 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500. decided last year I wanted something a little newer, so sold both the shadow and the vulcan and bought a '14 Kawasaki Vulcan classic 1700. I quickly realized at 5'7 or 8ish and probably my advanced age, that this bike is just too top heavy, tall, and brutish for me.
The CTX1300 seems to meet all the criteria I have amassed in what I think I want. I haven't managed to find any local to throw a leg over, but will hopefully soon!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Male
Site Reliability Engineer
Had a RoyalStar Venture before and wanted all the good stuff that one had with none of the '80s relics on it. The CTX1300 fits that description like a glove so far :)
I actually looked at one of the Royalstar's last year. it still enters my mind, but think the CTX has better handling capabilities, from what I have read anyways

·
Registered
5 Posts
Male
Letter Carrier/ IT Tech Support

The CTX 1300 is the bike for me. This is my 8th bike I've had since I was 16. I will stick with this one. I am getting custom seats made in a week. I am thinking of painting the pipes and side. I know a lot of people like chrome and metal and I am not a fan of shiny metal. Plus my favorite colors are RED/BLACK and guess what color the bike is. I just ordered the trunk after debating about it for years I finally broke down and got it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As I mentioned above hope I can resurrect this thread. If no one has I'll compile the demographics into a table.

Male
Computer Sciences Engineer / IT Manager

I advocate for 2 bikes. The CTX1300D is one of them, my second bike is a 2015 FJR1300A. I was already riding / commuting to work way before COVID19. Now with the current gas prices I guess I had the right idea since back then.
The CTX is my go to bike for long road trips due to its relaxed position, just came back from a 1,375 miles roadtrip to Monument Valley. Day one of the trip I rode 625 miles.
The FJR is my daily commuter. Not sure I can ride it on a long road trip. The bike is fully capable, the seating position is what makes me skeptical.

Reactions: fbnewell1
301 - 313 of 313 Posts