CTX 1300 Forum banner

Ctx 700

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  psullam 
#1 ·
Would like a bigger bike but I am 5 feet 2 inches
Should I get the 1300
Love my 700 but kind of would like a bit more. I am a big girl of about 200 pounds
I mostly do long touring trips
First trip on ctx 700 was 17000 km

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum @Renee.
There are a number height challenged riders here and the CTX1300 is not the lowest seat on the market, but it is a low seat compared to many bikes. The dealer can do a few things to lower the suspension and the seat can be shaved a bit to lower that as well if all that is needed. Only way to tell how it fits is to try it on for size :) . It will be more comfortable for longer touring rides than the 700. I just returned from a 657 mile (1057 km) one way trip that totalled 1530 miles all together (2462 km) and ready to go again.

Reactions: psullam
#3 ·
The improvement between ctx700 and ctx1300 it's huge: the engine, the comfort, ABS + much better breaks, excellent highway riding, shaft vs chain, 5 gears vs 6, more natural position, better feet controls, better mirrors, much better instrument cluster. The 700 is more nimble at low speed and forgiven for less experienced bikers but it's also less safe in general. I kept the 700 about 1 month before moving up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.