CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say..............

I've ridden several naked bikes (without shields and even with fly screens) and the wind blast always gets to me even after a few minutes of 70+ MPH of freeway riding. With this bike, I can ride for at least an hour and not get beaten up as bad.

Maybe it's the front fairing that helps, I'm not sure, but whatever it is it feels great for a shorty shield. I have ordered the factory tall however, I'll be using the shorty for the warmer months.

I'm simply ecstatic with this bike, both in ride/power and looks (of course very subjective) and this coming from a guy that rode an FJR.

·
Registered
764 Posts
For me, the shorty lets the wind hit me from the shoulders up. Keeping the wind off my chest makes a big difference.

The tall shield makes the bike into an excellent tourer.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I found the shorty definitely deflects the big wind blast off my chest, and what's left is a very smooth air flow. But I also found the wind noise to be very loud -- much louder than I recall other bikes I've ridden with no shield at all, which I thought was strange. I bought a new and quieter helmet which helped, but then I totally spoiled myself with the tall shield and now I couldn't be happier. I'm obviously turning into an old fart.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I found the shorty definitely deflects the big wind blast off my chest, and what's left is a very smooth air flow. But I also found the wind noise to be very loud -- much louder than I recall other bikes I've ridden with no shield at all, which I thought was strange. I bought a new and quieter helmet which helped, but then I totally spoiled myself with the tall shield and now I couldn't be happier. I'm obviously turning into an old fart.
You are not turning into a old fart you are getting smarter with age as you are suppose to:smiley-party0005:

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I'm right there with ya', old fart. :D

But I will never go back to looking through a windshield again. Did that on my Wing and didn't know better. Then every bike after I am/was looking over and will never go back. I don't like the dead air behind the shield when it's tall enough to force me to look through it. Too warm and the helmet vents don't work as they should. I now get smooth air flow (some still call it turbulence if any air is hitting anywhere) at the top vent of my helmet and can much better enjoy the ride that way. May yet go back to the shorty for summer to allow my jacket shoulder vent to work as intended. Again, smooth air stream with that too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts