CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a deposit on a Deluxe over the weekend. I will pick up the week sometime. Had to travel out of state to find the right one. It has no manual. So I will need to order one quickly to learn the basics. (Oil). Accessory I will purchase right away is a center stand and a service manual.

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
Welcome @Tony Russotto
Good choices on first farkles.
Is this a new one or a previously gently used one?
If it doesn't already have it be sure to check out the Tech Section in the forum in the Appearance & Body sub-forum for the sticky thread on saddlebag guards. You'll want to be sure those are also included in your list... among a growing list of things of course. One constant to owning any bike is that there is always something to make it more and more yours.

·
Registered
550 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This has 10k mileage. In very nice shape. New front tire and original rear tire (based upon date codes). Original battery (yes I will be changing immediately) Installed accessories include rear carrier/backrest, tall windshield. It does not have center stand (yet), or heated grips.

Seller did not know it was a deluxe. Options and VIN decode prove that it is. Good score for me, as I had a deluxe lined up to look at this week.

Thanks for the info on the saddle guard bags. My GL1800 has those. Thanks for the manual. Good reading while I await the motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
In the USA the quick and easy way to tell if it is a Deluxe is to look at the color of the rocker side panel and wheel rims. If blacked out instead of silver then it is a Deluxe. Only in the USA is this a constant distinction... other than the ABS/TC slotted ring on the wheels on closer inspection. Again, only on the Deluxe. Outside the USA there is only one model that may or may not have blacked out panel and rims, but all of those are the Deluxe models with the addition of heated grips and center stand as the standard configuration from the factory. No one knows why the difference in the USA vs. other countries.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally took delivery today. What a Beautiful motorcycle! Definitely a Deluxe. Rode 1.25 hours home half highway half backroads. Love the backroads on this bike! Great condition. I don’t know what the right handle grip control does yet, but I have an owners manual and I bought a service manual so I should figure out soon. Only thing missing is a center stand. Going to order that along with LOF and air filter tomorrow. Big smiles from Connecticut!

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
... don’t know what the right handle grip control does yet, but I have an owners manual and I bought a service manual so I should figure out soon...
Congrats on picking up the bike.
What right grip control?
The stock controls on the right side are from top to bottom:
Kill switch (red)
4 way emergency flashers (gray with red triangle)
Starter button (black)

Does your's have additional controls?
Maybe a photo if it does and someone here will know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on picking up the bike.
What right grip control?
The stock controls on the right side are from top to bottom:
Kill switch (red)
4 way emergency flashers (gray with red triangle)
Starter button (black)

Does your's have additional controls?
Maybe a photo if it does and someone here will know.

PICS. Ignore the cramp buster, that's mine. Outside of the grip.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
@Tony Russotto,
That would be a Kaoko Throttle Lock. An aftermarket device added by the previous owner so it won't be in the owner manual or service manual.

You can look online for information. It is likely the same for both the ST1300 and CTX1300 since so many parts are shared between those 2 bikes (especially the engine and transmission).

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kaoko-throttle-lock-honda-ctx1300-2014

You'll have to look up online to find operation instructions or maybe someone here knows. I think, if it is adjusted right, you just twist the knurled ring to lock or unlock the throttle grip. Give your right hand a little time to take off the right grip if you want it. BUT I don't recommend using a device like this other than for long boring stretches of road with little traffic. I have a different throttle lock that clamps on the inner part of the grip and only rarely use it since I can rest my right hand while still keeping the throttle in place using my cramp buster.

·
Registered
550 Posts
@Tony Russotto,
That would be a Kaoko Throttle Lock. An aftermarket device added by the previous owner so it won't be in the owner manual or service manual.
https://usa.kaoko.com/how-it-works

Operation of the Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer
To Engage: Whilst rolling on the throttle, the friction nut can be gripped between your small finger and palm of your hand. This action tightens the nut and provides sufficient friction to set throttle to the desired opening. (The friction is such that the rider may still open and close the throttle. It simply has a slight rotational resistance to it.)
To Disengage: Whilst rolling off the throttle, grip the friction nut between your small finger and palm of your hand. The throttle should open and snap closed freely when correctly disengaged.

Safety?
It cannot lock
It can be overridden in an instant
It's operation is natural and instinctive
There have been NO safety related incidents
Fully trusted by "Big Name" distributors in USA, Europe and Australia
100% safe in the hands of a responsible and experienced rider
5 Year Functional Guarantee; however the Kaoko Cruise Control should last the life of the motorcycle that it is fitted to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So a long story.. but 3 weeks ago (May 2nd) I owned a CTW1300 VIN 000384 for 4 days. The deluxe I have is right now is VIN 000243!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what i've done so far

What I've done so far:

purchased service manual
Engine Oil and filter change, Honda oil and filter
spark plug upgrade to NGK platinum CR7EIX
center stand installation
accessory fuse block installation
reinforced tabs on left middle cowl.
Clutch Fluid bleed
Front and rear brake bleed.
heated jacket wire installation
battery tender ring terminal installation.
replaced a few missing grommets on side covers

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just purchased a used CTX1300 Deluxe. I'm having it delivered - has ~6800 miles on it. Should be here on Saturday. No farkels on it except for some highway pegs.

Basically, I kinda missed my GoldWing I sold last year - the smooth power and all that. What I don't miss is the weight - the GW handles really quite well when moving, but stopped, nuh. My knees can't take it anymore. A F6B or C is still heavy. I figured the CTX would be perfect for me as it's still got a body mounted fairing, bags, thankfully no tour top. I plan on riding it just 1-up, so the 1300 transverse V-4 ought to be perfect.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome aboard, SuperG !!!

Reactions: SuperG
1 - 20 of 23 Posts