CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article here.

They compared the CTX1300 with a BMW R1200RT, a Yamaha Super Tenere, and a Suzuki Burgman.

I enjoyed the read, especially because instead of comparing the CTX with cruisers like every magazine has done so far, then complaining how far it strays from one, they simply compared it with other options for long-distance two-wheeled travel. And it fared well, apparently surprising the riders who expected Harley-like handling.

I also liked they didn't try to declare a "winner" but instead just used the different machines to arrive at points for comparison and contrast. In general I dig what this magazine has been doing lately with writing about bikes.

Jeff

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I think it would have been better if they didn't already have their mind so set on the BMW. Also, I think the specs for quarter-mile speed and 60 to 80 mph roll on is a bit off.
I didn't pay attention to the spec numbers, though now that I looked again I think the horsepower and torque numbers are lower than other quotes I'd seen.

I'm not surprised they liked the BMW; most of these guys seem to be sport bike riders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts