CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my CTX a month ago and love it. I traded in my Vstrom for the Honda. I like the looks and the fact that I don't see many others on the road. I love how it feels solid on the highway, which is a feeling I did not have with my old bike. One thing I notice is that the rear suspension seems a bit bouncy. I come off the seat on a bumpy road. I'm 215 and I'm not sure if that's the reason. 1200 miles so far. Planning to take a trip along the California coast in the next couple weeks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Gavin,

I weigh about 118kg, so I don't bounce too much. :). I was just thinking the other day, on my 3 hour return trip home, that the back suspension is pretty nice. Every now and then I get a kidney jarring but it's pretty rare.

I must check and see what setting its on. I haven't changed since buying new about 3,000 kilometers ago.

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome @Gavin Daprile.
I'm real close to your weight. You might look into what the rear shocks are set to and change. Most of the bikes are coming set to 1 but a few are set to 3 from the dealer. Mine was set at 1 and I changed it to 3 for a much better ride. Try different settings to see what works best for you. The higher the number the more tension the springs will have to start off with.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
One thing I notice is that the rear suspension seems a bit bouncy. I come off the seat on a bumpy road.
I noticed the same thing when I got mine. The rear suspension was set at 1, and that was entirely too little dampening for my 300 pounds. I very quickly firgured out how to change the settings, and I keep mine pegged at 5. It does the job very well. Before, when I hit a bump, I would continue to bounce three or four times and it was... unsettling, to say the least. Now, the bike feels nice and solid even when I'm riding two-up. Keep in mind, if you adjust the pre-load on your rear suspension, you may find that you also have to adjust the angle of your headlights to give a level beam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts