CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day. I bought the standard version ctx1300. Now I want to make a deluxe version. I paint the wheels and the peg holder black. Installing factory music. Everything is simple here. But how do you install ABS and traction control? How is the braking system different? What do you need to buy to install? Has anyone done this?
P.S. Sorry for my english i'm from Belarus.

·
Registered
246 Posts
@stas-ok Did they sell the standard in Europe? At least in western Europe I think they did not. Honda only sold the Deluxe with silver wheels and peg holders, and Hiss Key. May be in Belarus they sold what we in the USA know as the standard (no stereo/ABS)?
If yours in fact does not have ABS/traction I do not know if it is possible to install it, but it would be cost prohibitive, one would think. It would be simpler to sell yours and buy one that already has it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought my ctx1300 in the usa. It may be easier to buy a deluxe, but it's not as interesting as making a deluxe out of a standard. :) What are your thoughts on installing ABS? There are enough deluxe spare parts for ebay. Who can compare standard and deluxe systems?

·
Registered
615 Posts
@stas-ok so chiming in on what @Airhead78 said I'm not going to say adding ABS / TC is impossible.. but you will be the first!
at the VERY least you will need: a different front and rear wheel, computer(s)

you will want the service manual and read this:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@CaliChaos
I compared standard and deluxe wheels. They are the same no only holes for the bolt of the abs ring. It's not a problem.What thoughts next? Let's make a list of what we need:
1) ABS Brake sensors (front+rear)
2) ABS Brake Ring Disk
3) ABS Modul (PUMP)
4) ....?

·
Registered
615 Posts
in the service manual the brake system is documented in chapter 18.

things I am seeing

front / rear speed sensor
front /rear pulser ring
ABS modulator
proportional control valve
there is a nifty electrical diagram on 18-7 you will want to check out

things not directly mentioned in the service manual is a different ECM (with ABS smarts in it). I wish you luck in your journey for sure.. but realistically this project to convert a standard to a deluxe (including ABS / TC) is very ambitus.

·
Super Moderator
5,551 Posts
And don't forget there is a ABS/TC on-off switch on the top shelter just with the set/select buttons and indicators in the instrument cluster.

OH, and welcome to the forum @stas-ok .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I'm making a selection of parts. Compared calipers for abs and without. They are visually the same. Who can tell why the part code is different? Without ABS: 45250-MJN-A01. ABS 45250-MJN-A11

·
Super Moderator
5,551 Posts
The left front caliper is the same on both bikes. This is the side that is linked with the rear brakes on one piston so there are 2 bleeder screws and 2 brake lines to it.
The right front caliper is different from the left on both bikes. But is also the one that is different between the Standard and Deluxe models.
The rear caliper is different from either of the front calipers and also different between the Standard and Deluxe.
Unfortunately I'm not certain why the difference other than possibly due to the ABS/TC system. I no longer have my service manual so cannot look it up.
Maybe someone here who has the SM can do so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are my calipers comparisons. Calipers with abs and without abs are the same. They were also installed on other bikes (I think on St1300). The only difference is in the fastening of the calipers, therefore the code is different since the caliper is sold with a bracket.

The left front caliper ABS: 45150-MGH-641 +
The left front caliper: 45150-MGH-641 +
The right front caliper ABS: 45250-MJN-A11 (caliper+bracket sensor abs)
The right front caliper: 45250-MJN-A01 (caliper+bracket without Bracket abs)
The rear caliper ABS: 43150-MJN-A11 (caliper+bracket sensor abs)
The rear caliper: 43150-MJN-A01 (caliper+bracket without Bracket abs)

I also checked the comparison of the brake pipes and almost all the pipes are the same. It is necessary to replace a pair of tubes from the ABS and install the abs module itself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who can please give a photo of the front caliper with the ABS sensor and the rear one with the ABS sensor. Also, if you can have a photo of the ABS module.

·
Super Moderator
5,551 Posts
I only can find a photo showing the front right caliper clearly. Not the best but may be good enough for you. The sensor, sensor bracket, and slotted ring are shown and you should be able to zoom in a bit to see more clearly.

And this is the best photo I have showing the rear caliper. It doesn't show the entire caliper and it's blurry if you zoom in but the sensor is at the bottom/rear of the mounting. This photo was when I was taking my own tires in for a tire change.

No sensor and no ring on the left front caliper.
-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello. The main parts for installing the abs are purchased. In the spring I will set and check how everything will work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts