CTX 1300 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
You may like the CB1000R. Here's my 2014 which is the Italian designed version (made in Italy) that people love or hate. I love it. Those GIVI expandable bags hold about as much as the CTX1300 panniers and pop right off. It's smooth as silk, light compared to the CTX at just under 500 pounds, and handles great.
https%3A//i.vgy.me/0a6oyq.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.vgy.me/0a6oyq.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.vgy.me/qDK67r.jpg[/img]']
That is a beautiful bike! Love its looks, and I’ll bet that Yosh slip on sounds pretty sweet!
Bruce

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
That is a beautiful bike! Love its looks, and I’ll bet that Yosh slip on sounds pretty sweet!
Bruce
Thanks Bruce. I selected the seat colors hoping to pick up the gold wheels and trim. Some people get it and some people don't. The Yoshimura pipe sans catalytic converter sounds diabolical and works like a charm without remapping by retaining the standard O2 sensor. In a fit of madness I also bought a set of Arrow headers it but have yet to tackle the installation. Since I took those photos I've added bar risers and a set of mirror extenders since I already know what my shoulders look like. It's a cool bike but nowhere near as comfortable or chill as the big V4. The rest of the stable...

https%3A//i.vgy.me/6x4two.jpg[/img]']

Still I miss my CTX and wish I hadn't traded her in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Russ,
I was thinking the same thing about a year ago, really enjoy my CTX, I came from a V-Star 1100 custom. I rode that bike for 15 years. It wasn't until the last 3 where I was getting the power I wanted out of it thanks to all the bolt ons. I was used to that curiser riding position and instantly adopted the same on the CTX. For the first 2 years I have been riding it like that and honestly have always been a bit disappointed with the handling.
Then one day the lightbulb went off when I moved my weight forward when riding in the twisties on the almost worn out dunlops. I moved my weight forward more over the bars and suddenly I found the bike so much more responsive. I'm a bigger guy at around 250 and carry a few things in my bags all the time along with a top trunk mounted to the stock luggage rack so the bike is definitely heavier than showroom stock.
Now when on the backroads I get up on those bars and it's so much more fun. I have never had any riding instruction aside from the MSF class so many years ago so maybe I'm just a slow learner but I'd definitely encourage you to try adjusting your riding position when you want to have more fun.

All that said I'd love to get my old V-Star back even gave the guy that bought it all my contact info and told him to call me first if he felt he had out grown it so I also get wanting a second bike.
You know, I had totally forgotten that I shifted my weight far forward on my Sportster when practicing slow-speed maneuvers or anytime I needed the best agility. The Sportster was small enough that the movement became automatic. The CTX is wider. Yet I could do it, and I'll try shifting forward the next time I'm in the twists. I have a great asphalt road through some really nice curves on my commute to work. Great idea! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That's indeed true but the light weight makes up. At 5'10", I manage ok even with the heated seat which raised the seat another 3/4". It's a different feel for sure but a whole lot more manageable than expected.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'll look at the KTM. I too thought they were very tall bikes, and I'm 5'8"ish.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The red bike above (new Goldwing?) reminds me of a new GW I saw at the dealer's. It looked so much like the CTX I had to look twice, and closely. Many thought the CTX was a one-year wonder and then scrapped, but a lot of the stying and frame seem to have been developed for the new GW, and introduced once the F6 was safely introduced. It was nice to see the GW reproduce the many nice features of the CTX.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts