CTX 1300 Forum banner
281 - 300 of 315 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
If it was a red one, it was most likely me. Just leaving work. ;)

and honestly I have never seen a CTX 1300 (besides mine) in the wild. .
Yours may be the first confirmation on this thread.:smileygarden_de_ban

·
Registered
48 Posts
Finally saw another CTX on the road...red Deluxe on Blue Ridge Parkway and actually got to talk to the guy. He just bought it used with looooow miles (and price). Told him about this forum so hopefully he will show up here eventually.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Took the grandkids for a car ride on the Tail of the Dragon yesterday and while on the Cherohala Skyway there was a Blue CTX1300 parked on the side of the road. I pulled over and asked if he was ok and he said in an Aussie accent I'm fine helping out a buddy on a Harley.

Apparently the Harley rider didn't make the curve.

That was the first any only CTX1300 I have seen in the wild since I bought mine.

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Yesterday afternoon, I saw a guy on a black one on College St SE in Lacey, WA. Honda tall windshield with an X-creen [like mine] and an SOB trunk.

I was riding shotgun in a car. He glanced over. I pointed to him, pointed to me, and gave a :smiley-happy0034: . Lord knows what he thought. Then he was off.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Black, short screen, red/black jacket on CO-66 westbound at the railroad crossing near Main st in Longmont at 7:45AM

I was driving a car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
First time since 2015, saw a CTX1300 in the wild.

North bound on Dix Toledo Road in Southgate, Michigan.

Looks like there are at least two Black CTX1300s in South East Michigan :)

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Dear Penthouse Letters,
I never thought it would happen to me, but I saw a black CTX 1300 headed north on Route 13 near Parksley, VA about 10 minutes ago, at 5:45 (today is Saturday, August 17). I didn't see the plate but they were following another bike, which looked like a V-twin. CTX had a short windscreen, no passenger backrest. Bike looked black but *could* have been the blue but dusty. Wasn't red because I passed it. OK I was in my truck but still.

·
Premium Member
2018 GL1800 Goldwing Tour, 2014 CTX1300 (sold)
107 Posts
Eagleville, PA area...

Friday Aug 16, 2019 about 4:30 pm at the intersection of 363 and Ridge Pike.

You were on a blue CTX and wearing a bright yellow shirt, on Ridge Pike heading towards Collegeville.

We, sadly, were in our Subaru Outback heading to NJ....

Nice to see another CTX owner in the area!!

Safe riding.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,078 Posts
I saw Mama Bear on her CTX at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground August 9th, late at night. We were all hanging out at the campfire and about to call it a night, then I saw headlights coming over the bridge and I knew it was another CTX. When I got up for a closer inspection, I recognized Mama Bear's bike!! I rarely run into people that I have met on the BRP. So cool! Looking forward to seeing you in October if you can make the annual fall meetup in the mountains event.

Peace,
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Did the St. Louis Ride For Kids which actually takes place in St. Peters MO at St. Charles Community College. Lots of Saints around here. Anyway I saw a CTX across the lot but it was a CTX700. It was gone before I got a chance to talk to the rider. So does that count as a CTX in the wild? Or only half?
Ride safe all.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
CTX sighting

I had to go to Europe to see one in the wild. I was in Cannes France on May 13 when I spotted a white CTX making its way through town.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I saw a black CTX1300 this evening around 7PM. I was also on my blue CTX1300. They were riding 2 up on 321S coming from Blowing Rock, NC. They followed me down the mountain and passed in the lower section. Because of the low light I didn't realize it was a CTX until they made a left turn and my headlights shined on the side.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
While headed north on MO Hwy 68 about ten miles south of St.James a red bike passed in the opposite direction. I would have sworn it was a CTX1300 but it went by and around a curve and I didn't get a good look at anything but the front and a two tone bag like ours. The rider waved and that was the last I saw of it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not actually a sighting but I did meet a guy who used to own a Red CTX1300 in Tassie. what's more amazing is I grew up two houses from him and went to school with his brother. Unfortunately he sold the CTX a few years ago.

Reactions: Stirling

·
Registered
765 Posts
I saw a black CTX1300 in Barbourville, Kentucky at three minutes past noon today! I had heard a rumor of another CTX1300 in the area. This is the first time I've seen it.

The bike came out of the shopping center across from Dairy Queen and headed toward downtown. I was riding as a passenger in a pickup truck, so I didn't get to wave.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've spent a lot of time cruising that shopping center, and the Trademart in Corbin, as a teenager. Had many meals at that DQ, it was my son's favorite brekfast place when he was little.
We'd stop on the way to Middlesborough to check on the Glacier Girl P 38 restorations progress or maybe hike the Cumberland Gap.
Sorry, off topic I know.
I saw a black CTX1300 in Barbourville, Kentucky at three minutes past noon today! I had heard a rumor of another CTX1300 in the area. This is the first time I've seen it.

The bike came out of the shopping center across from Dairy Queen and headed toward downtown. I was riding as a passenger in a pickup truck, so I didn't get to wave.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I saw one again today! When I got off work I took the long way home through Manchester KY. I was headed north on KY11 when I met a black CTX1300 headed south. We both waved. It may have been the same bike I saw earlier this month.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I saw it again!

This is the parking lot I saw the bike coming out of a few weeks ago. I did not find the rider.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I saw it again!

This is the parking lot I saw the bike coming out of a few weeks ago. I did not find the rider.
1. Pull a plug wire
2. Get some lunch.
3. Go back and say Hello.
4. Help him/her find the problem. Darn kids!

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
272 Posts
Red with no topbox and shorty windscreen seen in TX on HWY69 south by exit 63 at 11:03AM today.

He was eating up the roadway 🙂

Reactions: Randall Fralin
281 - 300 of 315 Posts