CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to connect a ipod nano into the USB port of the ctx1300 sound system and it does not seem to recognize the device. Any helpful experiences out there?
pete

·
Registered
446 Posts
Won't work since none of the iPods show themselves as drives when connected via USB (that's why you need that piece-o-crap iTunes to put music on them). The big iPods (the ones with a HDD inside) can be put into "disk mode" by holding a button combination at startup but I have no idea if the nano can do the same (and how).

Your options are:

• find out how to switch the Nano into disk mode (if at all possible)
  • replace Nano with a plain USB thumb drive and copy music over
  • keep Nano and get a Bluetooth sender to wirelessly stream music to the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I connected my new iPod nano via Bluetooth. Works perfectly and I connected it to the USB connection and left it in the right pocket to keep it charged. Bluetooth works perfect!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well then, I stand corrected. I never knew the Nano has built-in Bluetooth :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but for me, the road music is different than music I listen to otherwise.
Switching between tracks is tedious on the CTX.
I bought a small pack with 2 thumb drives dirt cheap and just add/change the music once a month. I leave the drive in the bike all the time except to bring it in to update.
If someone finds the drive and takes it, I've not lost but a few $$.

Reactions: bob

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but for me, the road music is different than music I listen to otherwise.
I bought a small pack with 2 thumb drives dirt cheap and just add/change the music once a month. I leave the drive in the bike all the time except to bring it in to update.
Same here! I have used my phone paired via bluetooth on many occasions, but I much prefer the simplicity of a USB drive. I did make the mistake of dumping too many folders on the drive, though. It's a real pain to find a particular song when you can't remember where its at.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@shane,
You got me thinking.
If you copy the songs one at a time in alphabetical order, then that should be the order the system finds on the USB, thus making it easier to find the song you want.
Or in order by artist.
I'm not sure of this, I'll have to verify it. Unless someone else already knows?

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Yes, the bike finds songs sorted alphabetically if all are in one folder. Folders are albums so the sort order is then first by album/folder, then by song within that folder (have noted this on my bike at least). IF you remember what album the desired song is in you can skip ahead or back by album by holding the track up/down button a few seconds rather than just tapping it (it beeps). Then you can tap it to get to the song of choice within that album.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Speakin' of KISS....

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Ahhhhh, @bob, thank you. I should have read past page 56 in OM. Page 58 explains it well IF I had only read it all.:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have music organized into genre folders (1-Rock, 2-Blues, 3-Jazz, etc) first and then sorted randomly by numeric prefix within each folder to create a shuffle effect. That way I can select the type of music I feel like first and then get a mix of songs within that "playlist" category.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Good deal @Dai. I had deleted the number prefix from titles after putting them on the USB stick so I could find them. I didn't think about those ## could be used like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts