CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot of the strings on this site and got some great ideas on how to lower the bike. However, I am having trouble finding the parts to do any of those options. Can anyone provide a specific site or source for either 10" shocks or lower links for my bike? Thanks in advance.

By the way, love the bike, but I can't keep riding on my tiptoes!! lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about some boots with 2.36 inches. Kind of expensive, but its a good alternative.

Unfortunately, they're out of my size!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I changed from cowboy boots to combat boots, and gained probably an inch in sole height. That, and the better grip, really helped.

·
Super Moderator
720 Posts
you can also modify your factory seat. Find a local upholstery shop focusing on motorcycles and you should be able to reduce seat height by at least an inch or more. Some aftermarket version of the seat like Utopia offer a CLOSE version, which brings the body forward but not sure if it also bring the seat height down.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
MB shocks are both shorter and provide a better ride. google them. They rode well, but I adjusted them up and down too many times, wore the adjusters out. Progressive offers shocks that will ride better and some models will also lower the stance of your bike. The extreme answer to a lower ride thats totally adjustable is the Skully air shocks. But, that requires modifications that aren't for the timid .They DO WORK tho.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Followup on the new gas shocks. I had the 10.5" shocks installed on the bike and its much better. I did a Saddlesore 1000 last weekend with no issues. Actually, I've put 2000 miles on the bike since installation with no issues.
Followup on the new gas shocks. I had the 10.5" shocks installed on the bike and its much better. I did a Saddlesore 1000 last weekend with no issues. Actually, I've put 2000 miles on the bike since installation with no issues.
SouthCarolinaRider,
If you're still on the forum, can you tell me how much the 10.5 inch shocks lowered your seat hieght ?? I'm thinking it gave you about a 26 inch seat height.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Another way to “shorten the bike or lengthen your inseam” would be to narrow the front of the seat. Take out some foam under your thigh area. Won’t effect your comfort but allows you to NOT have to spread your legs as much in effect making it easier to touch the ground. And the original seat cover can be replaced just pulled down tighter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did a search on ebay for 10" 10.5", and it seems like the ctx1300 and the ctx1300D shocks are not the same or not interchangeable. I was able to find the 10 to 10.5 inch shocks for the 1300 but these won't fit the Deluxe. I was just about to make an offer on a Deluxe when I found out. Guess I'll have to settle for the 1300, but that's ok. either of the ctx's will do for me. I just need to drop it a couple of inches.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,772 Posts
Should not be any different. What documentation did you see that indicated that they would be different? The Standard is really simply a model the is without the ABS/TC as far as wheels and suspension. Only the USA has what is called the Standard model. All other countries in the world have the Deluxe PLUS heated grips and center stand from the factory. Otherwise they are or should be exactly the same for suspension.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Went to MRCycles website, and I don’t see a difference in the Honda part numbers for rear shocks between the CTX1300 (standard) and the CTX1300A (deluxe). 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK, Thanks. Didn't check with MRCycles or Honda, Just happened to be doing the search on ebay and when I entered the year, make, and model for the compatibility check it listed as a fit for the standard model but not a fit for the Deluxe.
Much appreciate the response and the correct information. Ebay doesn't have its facts correct. tks again !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts