CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot of the strings on this site and got some great ideas on how to lower the bike. However, I am having trouble finding the parts to do any of those options. Can anyone provide a specific site or source for either 10" shocks or lower links for my bike? Thanks in advance.

By the way, love the bike, but I can't keep riding on my tiptoes!! lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I changed from cowboy boots to combat boots, and gained probably an inch in sole height. That, and the better grip, really helped.

·
Registered
538 Posts
you can also modify your factory seat. Find a local upholstery shop focusing on motorcycles and you should be able to reduce seat height by at least an inch or more. Some aftermarket version of the seat like Utopia offer a CLOSE version, which brings the body forward but not sure if it also bring the seat height down.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
MB shocks are both shorter and provide a better ride. google them. They rode well, but I adjusted them up and down too many times, wore the adjusters out. Progressive offers shocks that will ride better and some models will also lower the stance of your bike. The extreme answer to a lower ride thats totally adjustable is the Skully air shocks. But, that requires modifications that aren't for the timid .They DO WORK tho.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Followup on the new gas shocks. I had the 10.5" shocks installed on the bike and its much better. I did a Saddlesore 1000 last weekend with no issues. Actually, I've put 2000 miles on the bike since installation with no issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts